Page: 1

Interior photos of The Apollo Victora

winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Interior photos of The Apollo Victora #1
Posted: 8/16/07 at 9:09pm
Does anyone have any photos of the interior of the Apollo Victoria theatre?
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Only one slightly fuzzy one, I'm afraid:

re: Interior photos of The Apollo Victora

However, if you search the flickr group linked below for 'Apollo Victoria' there are some much better ones there re: Interior photos of The Apollo Victora
http://www.flickr.com/groups/uktheatre/pool/

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Don't have any photo's but when i went to see wicked it was the first time i'd been in the theatre since i saw starlight which was before the renovation and was amazed at what they've done... its amazing!
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
Updated On: 8/17/07 at 04:53 AM
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its like two different theatres! They did a much better revamp this time after Starlight than they did when it-reopened in 1981.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is bit of a barn, but a stunningly decorated one! I now have same problem as with the Prince of Wales - I really want to see the inside of the theatre again, but without necessarily having to sit through the current show again....

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Eastwickian, i used to work at the Prince Of Wales for the run of Aspects Of Love. Ive seen many shows there since Aspects closed but it was only last year i walked by and asked if i could see inside the new theatre. Its stunning- nothing remains of the theatre i knew, it looks gorgeous. The Delfont/Mackintosh website used to have a virtual camera of the auditorium-check if its still there. If you remember The Prince Edward before Crazy For You opened you'll know what a great renovation happened there. If this is what Cameron is going to do to our West End theatres hand him the paint brush now!!!
Ive just checked and the virtual tour is still on the site as it is for all of Camerons theatres.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/19/07 at 09:25 AM
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Interior photos of The Apollo Victora #6
Posted: 8/17/07 at 11:11am
I have a couple, showing the Wicked features. I was surprised how much less strict they are, the first few times I went they would yell across the theatre not to take pictures, last time the ushers were even taking them for the guests!