Page: 1

Its Behind You!

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its Behind You!#1
Posted: 8/14/07 at 3:43pm
Theatres are up and down the country are begining to announce the casts for this years pantomimes. I have to admit i adore a good panto. Some of my best times when i performed were in pantos.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
lotiloti Profile Photolotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Its Behind You!#2
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:12pm
Oh no you didn't! Sorry couldn't resist it.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#2
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:15pm
Oh no I did! OK its a bit early to start the old busing on here.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#3
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:45pm
oh i hate panto (hides)
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#4
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:45pm
Boooo!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#5
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:47pm
Well let that be the last word on the subject from you young man or its off to bed with you where the pirates and the brokers men will steal you away! And god help you when the Ugly sisters get home.
Updated On: 8/14/07 at 04:47 PM
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Its Behind You!#6
Posted: 8/14/07 at 5:15pm
I am liking what is becoming a tradition of putting on a Musical. Last year's White Christmas was excellent, and The Wizard of Ox is planned for this year (with Matthew Kelly as The Wicked Witch of the West!!!). I'll ignore Santa Claus the Musical.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#7
Posted: 8/14/07 at 5:56pm
Its not that new really. 'Hans Andersen' with Tommy Steele did two seasons at the London Palladium back in the 70s. 'Santa Clause' is now in its 3rd year. Over the years there have been Chtristmas seasons of 'Worzel Gummidge', 'Superted' and more. as i remember them i'll post them. 'White Christmas' is spectacular and is whispered to be slatted for the Dominion for Xmas 08. The CD of 'WC' from San Francisco is stunning.
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Its Behind You!#8
Posted: 8/14/07 at 6:29pm
Its not new in general, but I think it is new for The Mayflower
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#9
Posted: 8/14/07 at 9:28pm
Well we have Scrooge at our theatre so avoid panto wooh wooh
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#10
Posted: 8/14/07 at 10:14pm
Who said we were talking about the Mayflower? Santa Clause started there 3 years ago!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#11
Posted: 8/14/07 at 10:16pm
SADM2 you have been warned! Pull down panto once more and you are so grounded!!
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Its Behind You!#12
Posted: 8/15/07 at 5:44am
Sorry WB2 but i despise panto sooo much!! Mainly because the last panto my friend was in which i saw last christmas featured mainly featured High School Musical Songs....i was a nervous wreck at the curtain calls ...and finally it wasn't a HSM song!! but then.....they did an encore (which we didn't ask for) and what did they do 'We're All In This Together'! NoooooO!!!!!!!!!
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#13
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:00am
Hehe you guys are gonna suffer in the comeing months!
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Its Behind You!#14
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:30am
Sorry, I was talking about The Mayflower, I just forgot to put that in the first post it seems.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#15
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:40am
The Mayflower Southampton yea? Thats what i thought you were talking about.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#16
Posted: 8/15/07 at 8:43am
I just find it to be painful and obvious, my agent used to try and get me in to them all the time grrrrrrrrr
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#17
Posted: 8/15/07 at 1:49pm
Awww, I love panto. :3 I took my housemate to see John Barrowman in 'Jack And The Beanstalk' last panto season. My favourite bit when was when he rode onstage on a moped and burst into 'You Can't Stop The Beat'. Partially because el housemates HATES 'Hairspray'. Don't think I'll be following him to Birmingham to see him in panto this time round, but I'll be interested to see who's doing what where, and I'm not ruling out travelling quite a distance if someone else who particularly interests me is performing. :3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#18
Posted: 8/15/07 at 2:19pm
Panto, absolutely the best way to introduce young children to the theatre.
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 02:19 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#19
Posted: 8/15/07 at 3:43pm
Weez, Mr Barrowman is doing Aladdin in Birmingham this year with guess what....? The Daleks. haha bet you'll be on your magic carpet up there but then youve got Aladdin with you also. descissions desissions
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#20
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:12pm
Yeah, as I said, I probably won't go to Birmingham, and the Daleks are probably a big part of that. I kinda like 'Doctor Who', but I wish the Daleks would just piss off and stop being ALL OVER THE PLACE and boring. ^_^
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Its Behind You!#21
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:23pm
Uuuumm! OK then!