Page: 1

Bye Bye Chita!

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bye Bye Chita!#1
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:03pm
I cant beleive this! She's cancelled yet again. I kind of felt it deep down in my water when it was announced but hey there you go, it aint the first time. Its actualy the third time cos she cancelled a season of 'Chita and All That Jazz' at the Cambridge back in the late 90s as well as cabarety dates in the mid 90s. My suspisions wre born when the show was announced but tickets wernt released. Ive never in 30 odd years working in the West End seen a major show announced and the public given a telephone number to call about when tickets would go on sale. This all sounds a bit sus to me. I think maybe they were testing the waters before any real commital. Not enuf interest was gathered and she pulled. Im so so dissapointed as i know many of you guys will be. .....and they did want 60 for a one woman show!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/13/07 at 03:03 PM
mattie29 Profile Photomattie29 Profile Photo
mattie29
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Bye Bye Chita!#2
Posted: 8/13/07 at 3:45pm
dose not supprise me ! i have no sympathy for miss rivera !she is a very pleasant woman and she was good in kiss of a spider woman but i know this would not work ! sorry chita !
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bye Bye Chita!#2
Posted: 8/13/07 at 5:55pm
You can not be serious mattie! I dont know where you are comeing from with your suggestions of Martin Shorts show playing London which are laughable and saying Chita shouldnt play London! Go and do a little research and see how far apart these two performers are. I can only imagine that you know Spider Woman from the CD and not seeing the show!!!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/13/07 at 05:55 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bye Bye Chita!#3
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:09pm
The whole Chita thing has been removed from the Del Mac site.
Can someone pass me a tissue please.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bye Bye Chita!#4
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:21pm
its a shame she has pulled out again (but she is 174 years old lol) i was really looking forward to seeing her again especially after watching The Dancers Life on broadway.

and people mattie is entitled to his/her opinion without been jumped on ... so be nice or you will have me to deal with lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bye Bye Chita!#5
Posted: 8/13/07 at 6:30pm
A friend of mines friend went to see Chita in Spider Woman in London and spent 3 days knocking her for being absolute rubbish at everything before we found out she'd seen BeBe doing it! ouch!
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bye Bye Chita!#6
Posted: 8/14/07 at 3:56am
ouch! Toodle Oo Chita!
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bye Bye Chita!#7
Posted: 8/14/07 at 5:04am
I wonder whats happening to the rest of the planned 'American Songbook' cabarets. I know others wernt mentioned but Carol Channing is due here around Christmas. i hope her shows wernt among the cabaret ones. Im sure news of this will come to the office during the day.
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 05:04 AM