Page: 1

Marilyn The Musical

MissAnneThrop Profile PhotoMissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Marilyn The Musical#1
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:15pm
Can anybody please post the creative credits for the 1983 musical or maybe direct me to a site that has the info.

Thank you.
And I Am Always So Vitriolic
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#2
Posted: 8/12/07 at 3:53pm
Which Marilyn musical?

I have the info for Marilyn an American Fable which played on broadway and flopped??
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#2
Posted: 8/12/07 at 4:30pm
Give me a couple of days and i'll post them for you. I take it you mean the doomed Stephanie Lawrence 'Marilyn' at the Adelphi?
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#3
Posted: 8/12/07 at 4:30pm
Give me a couple of days and i'll post them for you. I take it you mean the doomed Stephanie Lawrence 'Marilyn' at the Adelphi?
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
MissAnneThrop Profile PhotoMissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Marilyn The Musical#4
Posted: 8/12/07 at 5:56pm
Marilyn at the adelphi. I forgot about the other one after I posted.
And I Am Always So Vitriolic
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Marilyn The Musical#5
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:01pm
Some info is on this site:

http://library.kent.ac.uk/library/special/Programmes/ADELPHI.HTM, just scroll down to the Marilyn info (nearly at the bottom of the page).
lotiloti Profile Photolotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Marilyn The Musical#6
Posted: 8/14/07 at 2:03pm
Stephenie Lawrence's performance was truly remarkable. A very sad loss to the theatre
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#7
Posted: 8/14/07 at 2:06pm
That smile!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#8
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:14pm
As strong image i still have from this show was the camera crane. It was used to carry the narrator and he was the camera on her life! Hey it was a long time ago.
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 09:14 PM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#9
Posted: 8/16/07 at 9:48am
Awful show and the broadway production of Marilyn an American Fable was even worse
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#10
Posted: 8/16/07 at 9:50am
did u see both
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#11
Posted: 8/16/07 at 10:02am
From what ive heard and also read about the American musical Marilyn -An American Fable it deserved its fate after 2 weeks of disasterous shows. Each night was supposed to be a different show before they finaly gave up. Marilyn -The Musical at he Adelphi was a totaly different show. It opened and closed within 4 months. I only saw the Adelphi production and it was easy to see what they were trying to do. The buzz around the West End at the time was amazing- but short lived. The stageing was just amazing-an old Hollywood movie studio that came to life to tell the story- the camera being the narrator.. The music and the book were abismal and sometimes embarrasing. It was these two factors that the critics put theyre teeth into and killed the show. Yes, Stephaniee Lawrence did a terrific job but it wasnt a landmark performance. It was a pleasant flop.
Updated On: 8/16/07 at 10:02 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#12
Posted: 8/16/07 at 10:13am
I watched the 2 shows on a certain format lol

I did think the London one had much more going for it than the broadway story of Marilyn.

I do agree that the book and music were abysmal though they were one song i really liked(i just cant remember what it was called and refuse to sit through my copy of the show again to find it lol)

Marilyn an American Fable is just odd, the opening is bizare and sometimes you felt like you were watching 6 different shows mashed in to one (after all the re writes though that was probably the case lol)

Poor Marilyn's story just is not destined to be told on stage (i think we should get together and write one wickedboy2 lol)
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#13
Posted: 8/16/07 at 10:18am
Go to 'Stephanie Lawrence as Marilyn' on Youtube also thers a clip from her on the Mike Yarwood show. Sit back and brace brace!
Updated On: 8/16/07 at 10:18 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Marilyn The Musical#14
Posted: 8/16/07 at 10:21am
isnt it strange that for such an icon of modern times so little has been done in the theatre on Marilyn Monroe.