Page: 1

Joseph (2007 London Revival Production)

Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Joseph (2007 London Revival Production)#1
Posted: 8/5/07 at 1:59pm
Am I mistaken or this very production does not bring anything new to the show (except maybe a song !)? I've just seen the video clips on the official website and... O God... It just seem to be the same as the last UK tour I saw two years ago. Moreover, Lee does not seem to be the expected best singer of all times !
Is it worth going if you have already seen the show and thought : "it is not the best show ever"?
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I believe it is the Palladium production it is based on (rather than the recent tour(s). The cast would be larger than the tour you saw, and the costumes and set better (I have seen the tour a few times)
Parsley
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
At the end of the day it is just Joseph. Nothing amazing - just very well done and very slick. It is MUCH better than the tour and the previous WE incarnation were and is a return to that terrific Palladium version.

Not my favourite show by any means (but then Joseph hardly gets exciting) but it's good fun. Still it is far far superior to the dreck that is WWRY and a touch better than the blandness of Mamma Mia.
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Well, for the latters it's a matter of taste !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Parsley
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
of course it's a matter of taste. Theatre always is!
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I would imagine the tour was a Bill Kenwright production. The West End is Really Useful. That will be the difference !

The tour would be dreadful, and was, I saw it. and the West End run is alot more extravagant and powerful.

But as you say it is still Joseph.
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
And it's not aged that badly. The only cringe moment for me was the extendable arm into the audience...
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...