Page: 1

The Legend that is Chita Rivera

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Legend that is Chita Rivera#1
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:25am
Chita Rivera is bringing her show to the Wyndams for just 2 glorious weeks from Sep 10th. Its not the Broadwaty show she did last year but a the one she 's been doing for a few years now under different titles. The last time she brought her one woman show to London in the mid/late 90s it was canncelled due to poor ticket sales. You want to see a legend?- go see Chita! I'll be there every night i can.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 7/27/07 at 08:25 AM
Bruce Memblagh!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#2
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:52am

A true legend but the sad thing is she is also mostly unknown here by your typical theatre goer and so I fear she will not have good ticket sales this time round either. I really do hope to be proved wrong as she deserves an audience.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#2
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:58am
Her last cancelled season was in the cabaret rooms off Drury Lane so when this new announcement came in i was surrprised she took an 800 seat West End house. This show will be advertised a lot better than a cabaret room could do so hopefuly it will get an audience. Its just two weeks so thats a decently short run to get an audience. I hope everyone reading this will go along- you wont be dissapointed.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#3
Posted: 7/27/07 at 9:10am
I am in the same position as a lot of people I guess: I have heard of her but don't really know who she is. Those dates don't work to well for me but maybe I will get a chance to see her.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#4
Posted: 7/27/07 at 9:14am
Go! she's a Broadway legend! Google her and you'll be amazed at what she's done. She's no spring chicken either but she'll dance many a youngster off stage. Try your hardest to go.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#4
Posted: 7/27/07 at 9:14am
Her last London show was 'Chicago' at the Adelphi when she swapped her original Broadway role of Velma for Roxy to great acclaim and full houses. Prior to that she opened 'Kiss Of The Spider Woman' at the Shaftesbury before takeing it to Broadway. Her first London show was Bye Bye Birdie back in 1961.
Updated On: 7/27/07 at 09:14 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#6
Posted: 7/27/07 at 10:19am
The official announcement has now been posted to the press. See WhatsOnStage.com
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#7
Posted: 7/27/07 at 1:47pm
AWESOME! Let's buying tickets desu!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#8
Posted: 7/28/07 at 7:21am
shes fantastic , i watched her a couple of years ago in The Dancers Life and boy has she still got it
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#9
Posted: 7/28/07 at 7:26am
OMG well i guess you can tell i dont like her very much by the number of posts about her from me! lol I watched the DVD of Dancers Life last night and couldnt sleep after with excitment of seeing her again in a few weeks. First time i saw her live was in Miami in 1990 at the Coconut Gove Playhouse in 'Chita in The Grove'. She had 8 dancers and a 14 peice orchestra-i remember it so well and i have a pride of place photo with her in my possesion.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#10
Posted: 7/28/07 at 11:27am
What an unexpected surprise. A theatre legend, do go...
AJ3
Swing
Swing
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#11
Posted: 7/29/07 at 8:48am
I will be there as much as I can. Chita is a total legend. I just hope it can sell...

BTW, When do tickets go on sale? And do we have ticket prices yet? (I hope they don't change a ridiculous amount, a part of me is think they might...)
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#12
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:15am
Scrap your holiday and just pay what ever they ask! lol
I dont think it will be too much.
Frankly my dear i dont give a damn!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#13
Posted: 8/11/07 at 6:11am
Ooooops! 60 top seat.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#14
Posted: 8/11/07 at 9:24am
Yeah, uh, any ideas when tickets may go on sale? I've got a lot of theatre to see before Christmas all of a sudden, and I'd like to get it all booked sooner rather than later. O_O
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#15
Posted: 8/11/07 at 10:13am
from Delfont Machintosh:

Chita Sings should be on sale shortly. Please call 0870 950 0925 to register your interest so we can contact you as soon as the show is on sale.

Not sure sums it up i guess.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#16
Posted: 8/11/07 at 12:50pm
Its very unusual for a show to have been announced almost 2 weeks ago and only 4 weks now to the opening and tickets arnt on sale yet! i hope she doesnt cancel as she did last time in London.
Updated On: 8/11/07 at 12:50 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Legend that is Chita Rivera#17
Posted: 8/12/07 at 8:23am
Im totally confused now as to why they have a 7pm curtain? For a cabaret based evening i was expecting 8.30 or 9. the normal 8pm would have been fine but 7pm!!