Lotr cast recording?

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lotr cast recording?#1
Posted: 7/17/07 at 2:47pm
Anyone know if a cast recording is planned- given the material on the website, I assume they've been into the studio already?

Thanks
lakezurich Profile Photolakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#2
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:40am
Still no news on this? What is taking so long? Because as devonian.t stated it seems like they have already been to the studio because of the sample track available.
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#2
Posted: 7/28/07 at 6:24am
it will be out in early october. ages i know! it was meant to be august but because of a huge amount of reworking during previews, extra rehearsals and adding an extra swing they have been delayed.
WordedGrace Profile PhotoWordedGrace Profile Photo
WordedGrace
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#3
Posted: 7/28/07 at 1:42pm
Thank you for the update Widget.
I'm not gonna hate you in the magazines, (I'm better than that) I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity, (I'm better than that) You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet Cause my momma taught me better than that.
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#4
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:21pm
OCTOBER!!! That is like, ages!!! re: Lotr cast recording?

But seriously, I am kind-of disappointed it is going to take that long.
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

WordedGrace
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#5
Posted: 7/28/07 at 11:10pm
Hey LOTR fans.. I found a demo version of Lothlorien from the Toronto version of LOTR. If you want to check it out here's the link to my page..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg5pjQMGRvw
I'm not gonna hate you in the magazines, (I'm better than that) I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity, (I'm better than that) You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet Cause my momma taught me better than that.
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#6
Posted: 7/29/07 at 6:19am
the show has completely changed since toronto so the above link isnt what lothlorien sounds like any more. www.lotr.com has the whols of the london lothlorien as wel as loads of show footage
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#7
Posted: 7/29/07 at 9:05am
I really like the new version, but this is an interesting insight into the work in process. A much less mainstream musical theatre sound and very evocative.

Thanks for the link.

PS The footage on the official site is great, too.
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#8
Posted: 7/29/07 at 9:11am
yeh, the songs lothlorien and wonder from the london production are rewrites of the old lothlorien. it is cool that it has changed so much.
WordedGrace
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#9
Posted: 7/29/07 at 2:50pm
Your welcome for the link.. And I've seen all the videos on their website from the show in Toronto till now. I came to London to see the new version. I figured it's interesting to see how far it all changed.
Updated On: 7/29/07 at 02:50 PM
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#10
Posted: 7/29/07 at 3:25pm
Does anyone know if they are going to make their merchandise avail for purchase on-line any time soon?

widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#11
Posted: 7/29/07 at 4:04pm
i dont think so. best bet is dress circle?
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#12
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:07pm
Any news on an Official release date for the soundtrack?

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#13
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:14pm
Is it a soundtrack or a cast recording? I always thought a soundtrack was the track of sound that ran down the side of movie reels and that a cast recording was just that , a recording of the original cast from the theatre.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#14
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:20pm
Sorry, I forgot to use the "Technical Term"

So, Any word on the Official release date of the Cast Recording?

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#15
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:26pm
Theyre keeping rather quiet about it arnt they? It 'll be gone and forgotten if they dont hurry up.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/19/07 at 04:26 PM
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#16
Posted: 8/14/07 at 4:30pm
I know!! If they don't hurry up they will loose so much interest. Especially from over here in the states. If they don't release it soon we will forget about it, since we are so far away from the show. I wish I could afford to go see it though. And I hate how they don't have a merchandise section on their site.

widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#17
Posted: 8/14/07 at 5:14pm
it will be out early novemeber. ages away. they have been too busy with rehearsing studio time.
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#18
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:43am
What do you mean by "Rehearsing Studio Time"?

widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#19
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:50am
whoops sorry i was tired. i meant they have been to busy rehearsing to get any studio time
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#20
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:58am
Rehearsing what? -the shows been open 3 months. Most shows are recorded within weeks of opening.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#21
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:18am
i have a feeling we wont see a cast recording
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Lotr cast recording?#22
Posted: 8/15/07 at 10:58am
they have added an extra swing and are busy rehearsing that. with all the changes that have been made and the drama of the preview accident it has been delayed. but it is happeneing
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#23
Posted: 8/15/07 at 12:48pm
All the above happened nearly 3 months ago. Swings dont take up that much rehearsal time. They wouldnt let it stop the recording of the show. I agree that we may not see a cast recording.
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 12:48 PM
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Lotr cast recording?#24
Posted: 8/15/07 at 6:01pm
I really hope they do decide to release a recording. From the quality of the Lothlorien song on their website it makes me think they have already been into the studio for something, if not for the cast recording.