Page: 1

Boeing Boeing

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Boeing Boeing#1
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:43am
Im off to see Boeing Boeing tonight, any one seen it yet? I sat through 30 mins at the tech and dress and it looked hilarious. Reviews were stunning so im loooking forward to it. I saw it a long time ago on tour and it was/is classic comedy/farce.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 7/18/07 at 10:43 AM
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#2
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:56am
I am going tomorrow :)
I hope you enjoy it (I hope I do too of course)
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#2
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:57am
i'll post a mini mini review later for you. Its going to be extra fun for me as im going with 2 air hostesses.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#3
Posted: 7/17/07 at 11:52am
Saw it with the original cast and it was brilliant. Have been considering going again so would love to know your impressions of the current cast. Hope you enjoy it!

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#4
Posted: 7/17/07 at 11:55am
Eastwickian, im sorry if i offended you on the other site but im getting a hard time of someone who's name i cant remember.
Boeing Boeing now has the brillianty funny bar maid from Cheers- Rea Pearlman and one of the girls from Smack The Pony. Im so excited
Updated On: 7/17/07 at 11:55 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#5
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:32pm
OK guys, cathch you later or 2mrw. Im off to see Boeing Boeing now. My 2 air hostess friends just told me that they are comeing in uniform.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#6
Posted: 7/18/07 at 8:24am
The play is hilarious! If the cast that got the reviews were anyhting like these new guys well... Rea Pearlman from Cheers is perfect as the dry witted Martha and the girls are beautiful. Amy Nuttall is very funny as is Elena Rodger. Great seeing her do something so different from Evita. I loved Doon Mackihan(?) who used to be in Smack The Pony on TV. The direction is very fast paced and the set is so typical of the great farces- a small room with 7 doors, all used to great comic timeing. I saw Francis De La Tour in about 30mins rehearsals and she was amazing but Rea is up there with her.
joshy Profile Photojoshy Profile Photo
joshy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#7
Posted: 7/18/07 at 7:42pm
I saw it tonight. Really enjoyed it, thought Rhea Perlman was surprisingly the weakest performer, unfunny and lacking presence, but all the rest of the cast were great, especially the three air hostesses. There are so many parts I want to see Amy Nuttall in now, she is fabulous!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Going Going Boeing Boeing#8
Posted: 7/18/07 at 7:44pm
I have just got home from seeing Boeing Boeing. It is an amazingly funny play, possibly the funniest I have seen, The timing is excellent and the cast superb, I thought some of the acting was over the top but I guess that is the point. It was a bit wierd seeing Eva Peron and Carla from cheers on the same stage as The others (including Eliza Doolittle :-P) and is the first time I have seen actors I know from other things in a play.