Drowsey Goes to Sleep

Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Drowsey Goes to Sleep#1
Posted: 7/6/07 at 2:13pm
Dont say i didnt tell you all weeks ago!!!
The British public have taste.

Less than 4 weeks to go.
Updated On: 7/6/07 at 02:13 PM
RadioFan
Understudy
Understudy
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#2
Posted: 7/6/07 at 2:35pm
and the next departure is..............!
RadioFan
Understudy
Understudy
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#3
Posted: 7/6/07 at 2:43pm
A couple of weeks ago an 'Industry Insider' said on BBC Local Radio that Drowsy would close by September if things didn't pick up.
A couple of weeks before that the same guy said that WICKED was in the same boat.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#4
Posted: 7/6/07 at 2:45pm
Thats the nature of the beast that is the West End.
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#5
Posted: 7/6/07 at 4:19pm
You know, Wicked63, there is no reason to be rude about the closing of a show. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad.

And saying "The British public have taste" is offensive.

(P.S. It's spelled "drowsy." You might want to correct that in your title.)
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
mikeyb16 Profile Photomikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#6
Posted: 7/6/07 at 5:09pm
Do you think it will tour the UK?
joshy Profile Photojoshy Profile Photo
joshy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#7
Posted: 7/6/07 at 5:58pm
Yes, Wicked63! This indeed proves that the British public has taste! When things like this die while next next door that paragon of originality, skill and invention 'Dirty Dancing' sells out every night!
EdiSteve Profile PhotoEdiSteve Profile Photo
EdiSteve
Swing
Swing
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#8
Posted: 7/6/07 at 7:30pm
I am shocked to hear this, especially since it has the wonderous Elaine in it. Lets now hope that the fabulous Curtains starring David Hyde Pierce come over to London soon - great show on Broadway!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#9
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:40pm
its a shame it never caught on it was a good show (not my fave) but def a lot of fun.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#10
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:44pm
Im not being rude , im being trutful OK . I work in the production world and the desicion to bring to London was a shock to 99% of us. Get over yourself! It was predicted before it opened if your in the right circles!
Updated On: 7/6/07 at 08:44 PM
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#11
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:49pm
Happy now 'miss' moneypenny!!! Now back to the subject- the shows dead ok.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#12
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:52pm
The Alwych theatre is home to 'Dirty Dancing- The Hen Night Musical'! The RSC must be roling in the memory of the great theatre they played there. Its a shame Drowsy wasnt kicked out before then the RSC could have brought Sir Ian McKellern as King Lear to the beautiful Novello instead of the New London.
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Drowsey Goes to Sleep#13
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:55pm
i have to say im shocked a how quick this thread has started, the cast were told onstage tonight about an hour before the show!
Saw it myself tonight mannaged to get a top price 55 seat for 27 fab view very happy with that!
Have to say Bob Martin was totaly amazing! just so funnyand real commic timing! Summer Strallin OMG i love her! her i dont wona song was really great!
Had 2nd cover for Mrs Tottendale....way to young, the jokes really dont work unless its an older woman.
There were parts of the show i found a bit uninteresting and at times it was a bit too cheesy evenfor my liking...note maddam Paige really annying in this and ihave to say the glair she gave Bob Martin in his curtain call was shamefull! the woman next to me noticed and when i asked my fried about it he said she always does that to him...me thinks this is one "star" who is a bit big for her boots...ok i shall stop as i know there are people who like her, hope idont offend you to much, just never been her biggest fan.
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#14
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:56pm
The US success of DROWSY is perplexing given how mediocre it is. Thank God the Brits had the sense to thumb its nose at it.

And sorry guys but I think Elaine Paige is pure cheese.
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#15
Posted: 7/6/07 at 9:05pm
Elaine Paige was actually a reason a lot of my friends did not want to watch this show.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#16
Posted: 7/6/07 at 9:43pm
Why are my posts the only ones that get blasted by people like miss monypenny! Theres very little positive being said here by anyone and that goes for the Broadway board too.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#17
Posted: 7/6/07 at 11:18pm
JERSEY BOYS will be another import that comes and goes very quickly, watch.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#19
Posted: 7/7/07 at 2:16am
Smartypants! come please listen to you!
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#20
Posted: 7/7/07 at 2:58am
Im sooo annoyed this is closing so soon, i love it, but im happy as i already had tickets to 4th august cause its ma birthday so im in amazing seats, but i think it will be upseting!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#21
Posted: 7/7/07 at 5:26am
Oh no I won't ever get to see this show now!!! Im off the next two weeks, and unless i can make a miracle with my parents and beg them to take me down I won't have any luck because we were just in London last week. So much for them saying "We'll see it next time" re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep.
wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photowonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#22
Posted: 7/7/07 at 6:00am
Because you were rather rude in your original post Wicked63.

And if you're going to cry accusations, at least get people's names right. Jeez...
I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#23
Posted: 7/7/07 at 6:36am
Cry Accusations explain!
There are a lot of comments on here about the English publics reaction to it. In my original post all i said was that its closing, the public voted and its got 4 weeks left.
I guess its because its one of your favourite shows and your a bit upset its going.
When it first opened i spoke to some of the producers assistants and it was said then that the Novello managment knew it wouldnt last till Christmas. People argued on here with me like kids and thats why i put the comment 'i told you all weeks ago' Done.
Updated On: 7/7/07 at 06:36 AM
Sister George Profile PhotoSister George Profile Photo
Sister George
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#24
Posted: 7/7/07 at 7:48am
Why are my posts the only ones that get blasted by people like miss monypenny!

Why do you think wicked63?
"I tend to think if god wanted us to believe in him, he'd exist" Linda Smith
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Drowsy Goes to Sleep#25
Posted: 7/7/07 at 8:06am
I guess people dont like the fact i speak my mind, The fact that i had the information a while back that they didnt like to hear but was true.
For gods sake you lot what is so very wrong with what i posted? There was a debate between the producers and theatre management about weather the English public would take to this particular show and a lot of meetings took place. They decided to go ahead and sadly it hasnt worked. Were you guys at some of the meetings??? I was!
I know 3 people in the show and have done for years, there were a lot of people in the show that wernt happy with it from day 1. Im not loving any of this which is what you think, a lot of people will be out of work but they'll be straight onto the next one- thats showbiz. In this business you keep your head up and keep a sense of humour. A lot of people comment on here and have nothing to do with theatre in any way.
Updated On: 7/7/07 at 08:06 AM