Jersey Boys- London

Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Jersey Boys- London#1
Posted: 7/6/07 at 7:46am
Confirmed this morning.
Prince Edward Theatre
First preview Feb 28th with yet to be confirmed actualy press night.
Bookings open they hope next week.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#2
Posted: 7/6/07 at 7:52am
Grr wicked you beat me to it lol

Looking forward to watching this again i loved it when i watched it in the states
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Jersey Boys- London#2
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:01am
SADM2 can i really piss you off?
Updated On: 7/6/07 at 08:01 AM
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#3
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:12am
No cast announced yet then? Any even rumoured?
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Jersey Boys- London#4
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:28am
Certainly too early but the'll have people in mind. The surest thing is with a show like this is is that theyll do the best they can to get an American cast over to open. It will be interesting to see the build up with this show in London,
Im seeing the Frisco production again on Saturday. Nothing else there at the mo.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#5
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:50am
Glad that this has confirmed but as I have said before, i fear that JB will get lost in the Prince Edward as it is a big theatre and JB is more suited to a medium sized theatres.

I'm hoping they bring over John Lloyd Young as Frankie Valli as he is one of the best things in the show.
mpw607
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Jersey Boys- London#6
Posted: 7/6/07 at 6:03pm
Great news. But London, unlike New York, is not home turf for the 4 Seasons, so I think it is essential that they bring over at least John Lloyd Young and Christian Hoff, so that they can say it's a Tony-winning show with the original Tony winners for best lead and best support in a musical.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#7
Posted: 7/6/07 at 11:20pm
I'd give it 6 months, tops.
JB Fan
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Jersey Boys- London#8
Posted: 7/7/07 at 8:14am
Have you seen Jersey Boys? No one in New York expected it to succeed. It showed up in October of '05 and everyone said "no one cares about another jukebox musical" or "I never liked the Four Seasons..." and then practically overnight, everyone had to see it. The word of mouth was that good.

It reminded me of Buddy, but 100 times better, and that has been a huge hit in London, right?

I don't know if Christian Hoff will be available for the West End Production, it has been said he is doing Pal Joey on Broadway at the same time.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Jersey Boys- London#9
Posted: 7/7/07 at 8:17am
I couldnt agree more! As im writing this im awaiting my flight to San Francisco and will be going direct to the Curran theatre to see it again for the second time. Im tired of telling people how much Londons gonna love JB.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#10
Posted: 7/7/07 at 8:29am
I actually think this will do very well
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#11
Posted: 7/7/07 at 9:53pm
I agree with you SADM2 about Jersey Boys being a success in London, I recently bought the cast recording and it is fantastic to listen to and it is one of the shows I want to see when I go to New York later this year and will also see when it transfer to London.

I also think that Jersey Boys will be at The PE for at least a year then transfer to a smaller theatres like The Novello Theatre as I think that Cameron Mackintosh have made a deal with Disney so that The Little Mermaid (which is definite for London) can transfer to The Prince Edward in 2009/10.
mpw607
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Jersey Boys- London#12
Posted: 7/9/07 at 6:34pm
I made some enquiries on Saturday. It seems that when booking opens it will be for an initial 6 months to October 2008.

Not official yet but press night is probably 18 March. All seats that night are being kept back by the house initially though no doubt some seats will be released at a later date.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Jersey Boys- London#13
Posted: 7/10/07 at 11:30am
Yesterday i returned from San Francisco after seeing Jersey Boys for the 2nd time there since March. The company i saw on Saturday were just amazing and had only been in the show a matter of weeks. It was still an incredibly strong production and its great that they have decided to make it a sit down production for San Francisco.
When it arrives in London it will be a big hit. Its at the Edward for 6months initialy then it will proberbly go to a smaller house. The San Fran company told me that some of them are hopeing they will open it in London. If Cameron can get some Americans then it will be sold on that and the fact its a Tony award holder for Best Musical. I could happily sit thru this show night after night. London will love it.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Jersey Boys- London#13
Posted: 7/10/07 at 11:29am
Yesterday i returned from San Francisco after seeing Jersey Boys for the 2nd time there since March. The company i saw on Saturday were just amazing and had only been in the show a matter of weeks. It was still an incredibly strong production and its great that they have decided to make it a sit down production for San Francisco.
When it arrives in London it will be a big hit. Its at the Edward for 6months initialy then it will proberbly go to a smaller house. The San Fran company told me that some of them are hopeing they will open it in London. If Cameron can get some Americans then it will be sold on that and the fact its a Tony award holder for Best Musical. I could happily sit thru this show night after night. London will love it.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#15
Posted: 7/10/07 at 2:35pm
I bring you good news Wicked63, tickets for Jersey Boys at The Prince Edward are now available on the Delfont Mackintosh website. I've just booked three tickets right now and I cannot wait to see it. May even see it when I go to New York.
mpw607
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Jersey Boys- London#16
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:38pm
Jonwo I got mine today too, both for the first preview and the first Saturday. Expensive!

You mentioned above that you're going to NYC later on - you're in for a real treat. I don't need to tell you to book well in advance.

There's a whole page ad in today's Evening Standard announcing the launch of the show.

Another related item is the amazing news that Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons look like entering the UK top 40 for the first time in decades. A French DJ did a bootleg re-edit of the 1967 hit "Beggin'". It got rave reviews in the "underground", so a UK label, 679, which is a subsidiary of WEA/Warner Bros picked it up and legitimised it with Frankie et al. It's just been released and from interim results it looks like getting into the Top 40 hopefully by Sunday's chart.

I mention this because if it becomes a significant hit, it will help add to the interest in Jersey Boys.
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 01:38 PM
mll85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#17
Posted: 7/11/07 at 5:29pm
Don't know if this is know yet but the website for the London production is up and running. http://www.jerseyboyslondon.com/
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#18
Posted: 7/11/07 at 5:57pm
Thanks for that, I got preview tickets for about 30 each which I thought was quite good but I agree it's a bit pricey for performances after that.

My only concern is that it will it get lost at the Prince Edward which is huge. That is fine for a show like Mary Poppins but not for a medium show like JB.
mpw607
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Jersey Boys- London#19
Posted: 7/12/07 at 4:28am
Yes it is a bit odd that they've chosen a bigger theatre here than they have on Broadway.Prince Edward 1600 vs August Wilson 1400 (approx in each case)
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#20
Posted: 7/12/07 at 10:22am
i agree

this show would have played better in somewhere like the Novello i think but it should do fine as its a great show
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Jersey Boys- London#21
Posted: 7/12/07 at 1:37pm
I'm really excited about it!
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#22
Posted: 7/12/07 at 1:47pm
Don't know much about this show but don't think it will do as well as it has on Broadway. Ticket prices seem rather expensive for a new show like this, at 60 it's the same as the top price for Lord of the Rings (And look how that turned out, already on TKTS every day) and also Spamalots weekend price. Second and third prices are very high too and unless it has an amazing advertising strategy i don't think it will last long. I think it would have a much better chance with the Prince Edwards current pricing.
mpw607
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Jersey Boys- London#23
Posted: 7/12/07 at 5:36pm
I agree that 50 max would have been safer. Plenty of time to raise prices once the show takes off.
antonijan Profile Photoantonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jersey Boys- London#24
Posted: 7/12/07 at 5:38pm
...just wait and see :P