Page: 1

Shona White

ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
Shona White#1
Posted: 6/27/07 at 9:10am
I really want to see her in Wicked. Does she alternate Kerry Ellis? I heard she does wednesday matinees and monday nights. Is that correct, or does she only play Elphaba when Kerry's ill?
Thanks!
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Shona White#2
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:08am
apparently shes DREADFUL. when kerry was off a few ppl i know went and said it was bad. two of them even left half way through because she was so bad. but i think it must be one of the hardest jobs. she probably isnt that bad at all, kerry is amazing and its a hard job to match her. and elphaba is a very hard part, vocally.
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Shona White#2
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:16am
Someone told me she's really good lol, andI like what I've herad on Youtube.
So does anyone know when she's on next?
Updated On: 6/27/07 at 10:16 AM
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Shona White#3
Posted: 6/27/07 at 11:03am
I saw Shona a few weeks back, she is BRILLIANT!! I much preferred her to Idina, ive not seen Kerry so cant compare.
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Shona White#4
Posted: 6/27/07 at 1:47pm
hi, i cnt stand shona white at all, i think she is the worst elphaba ever and thank god she is leaving, so im afraid unless you can get there befor 14th July you have NO chance of seeing her, and she does no alternate peformances just wen kerry isnt there so ur only hope of seeing her is when kerry has this saturday off, other wise im afraid not, 16th July cssidy Janson takes over as Elphaba stand by! whoop she is so much better!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Shona White#5
Posted: 6/28/07 at 6:18am
I saw her in january and found she was terribly good !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Shona White#6
Posted: 6/30/07 at 4:37am
well looks like Shona isnt going to peforme again, she was mean to today, probably for the last time, unless Kerry falls ill, but Casidy Janson is peforming today instead for some reason, so looks like we've seen her face for the last time! lol
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
anpat13
Swing
Swing
re: Shona White#7
Posted: 7/2/07 at 4:00pm
Shona may not be the best, but she seems like she really puts some effort into it, and while i do love Kerry, she consistently seems to put almost no effort or emotion into her performance. it's probably just her voice, but still....and cassidy janson is god awful. she sounds too mousy to play Glinda, much less Elphaba. i wish Shona was staying longer
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Shona White#8
Posted: 7/15/07 at 2:51pm
Ok, I take it all back, I saw Wicked last night at Helen's last show and Shona was peforming, she was INCREDIBLE the best Elphaba I have ever seen, she reminds me of Shoshana bean! She was just fab, reli dissapointed shes left, she should have tacken over after Idina, not Kerry!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Shona White#9
Posted: 7/15/07 at 6:21pm
I am glad she was great, I knew she had potential, I saw her very first show and could tell she was nervous (who wouldn't be?).
Only just realised that Helen etcs.. show would be Shonas last too.
Cassidy (new standby) is AMAZING though re: Shona White
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Shona White#10
Posted: 7/16/07 at 11:12am
I saw Shona in June, when Kerry was off. She isn't as good as Kerry or Idina, that much is for sure. But at the big moments (end of W&I, DG) she did deliver. For me the show flagged in the 2nd act (because of Shona), although she can belt out the ballads the 2nd act is more narrative driven & (IMHO) she didn't have the acting ability to carry the part.
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
Graham2
Swing
Swing
re: Shona White#11
Posted: 7/16/07 at 5:25pm
Having also seen Helen's last show on Saturday, and having read some awful reviews of Shona White, I felt compelled to sign up to this website specifically to write in her defence.

I've seen a lot of musical theatre, particularly in the West End, and had never seen Wicked until Saturday. I can honestly say that I have never seen a better performer, in any production and at any point in time, than Shona White as Elphaba. All of us attending were completely blown away - she was by far the best performer on stage, and actually upstaged Helen.

Unfortunately, those of you interested in seeing her are no longer able to - it was Shona's last performance as well as Helen's. A stand-by performer took the role from Sunday.

turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Shona White#12
Posted: 7/16/07 at 5:29pm
I would love to have seen her again, but booking to see a Standby (or understudy) Isn't exactly easy. I saw her by fluke on her first performance (the day before was Cassidy and the day after Kerry I think). And wasn't even planning on seeing Wicked the day I saw Cassidy, but I went to the theatre to see if there were any understudies on and she was so I saw It (I was actually hoping to see an understudy Fiyero :-p)

Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Shona White#13
Posted: 7/17/07 at 6:03am
"she was by far the best performer on stage, and actually upstaged Helen"

I would say that upstaging Helen Dallimore isn't exactly hard to do... but thanks for standing up for Shona - I wouldn't leap at the chance to see her again, but she really wasn't as bad as people have made out.
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
AJ3
Swing
Swing
re: Shona White#14
Posted: 7/17/07 at 7:48am
CHGriffiths - So you said beofre that Shona was the worse Elphaba ever before ever seeing her?

Shona absolutely rocks. She is also the only Elphaba I ever truly believed in. I'm so sad she has now left. However consider myself very lucky to have seen her perform as Elphaba four times. Shona, if your reading this, we love you and hope you go into another great show very soon.
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Shona White#15
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:28am
Well I'm kind of gutted that I missed it as I was on holiday re: Shona White
Hope she'll return someday.