Page: 1

Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall

Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #1
Posted: 6/27/07 at 8:41am
Is any one else going to this next week? I wasnt going to go but was suprised with a ticket from my partner this morning.

Just be good to go and see what they've done to the Royal Festival Hall
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #2
Posted: 6/27/07 at 9:48am
I am going on the Thursday evening. Never been to the Royal Festival Hall, so that alone is exciting.
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #2
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:18am
I wish I was going... Bryn Terfe, Maria Friedman, Philip Quast, Emma Williams... a great cast!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #3
Posted: 6/27/07 at 1:06pm
I'm going! I booked my ticket for the Saturday night aaaaages back, meaning to do a day trip to London (seeing 'Kismet' in the afternoon too), then they announced Philip Quast would be in it too. Once I'd calmed down (which took a few days; my favourite show + my favourite actor? EEEEEEEEE!), I promptly booked another ticket for the Friday night. I think it's safe enough to say I'm looking forward to it!

I'm also terrifically amused by the fact they have both the original George from 'Sunday In The Park With George' and the revival one. It's like some kind of rule that if you've ever played George, you have to do 'Sweeney Todd' too. My two favourite cast members of the recent Broadway revival of 'Sweeney' have been Georges an' all. ^_^
Updated On: 6/27/07 at 01:06 PM
musicalfan07 Profile Photomusicalfan07 Profile Photo
musicalfan07
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #4
Posted: 6/27/07 at 4:07pm
Wish I could see it, but I can't get to London at the moment.

Off Topic:
Weez, I know Manoel Flaonel (I don't know how to spell it) was George, but which other member of the revival cast played George? Also, the reunion of the OLC George and Dot!
musicalfan07
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #5
Posted: 6/27/07 at 4:14pm
Felciano. re: Sweeney Todd  - Royal Festival Hall Michael Cerveris also played the role at Chicago's Ravinia Festival in 2004, opposite Audra McDonald and with Patti LuPone.

This'll be the second time I've seen Philip Quast and Maria Friedman together onstage doing Sondheim this year ('Follies In Concert' at the Palladium back in February). Love it! :3
Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #6
Posted: 6/27/07 at 5:33pm
I'm going. Am looking forward to Maria, haven't seen her since WinW.
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #7
Posted: 6/28/07 at 1:02am
I'm glad Maria is getting back into work now. One can only assume she's been taking time off to focus on her health.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. My plans to visit the Glasgow and London have unfortunately been scrapped, and I'll be missing out on this. re: Sweeney Todd  - Royal Festival Hall
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
mattie29 Profile Photomattie29 Profile Photo
mattie29
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #8
Posted: 6/29/07 at 5:13pm
well im gogin friday sat in row tt and cant wait some of my favriout performers and im loving it my favriot musical after drowsy !
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #9
Posted: 7/7/07 at 9:48am
Well what can i say? The score speaks for itself, but i really did love this new concert verison. Only marred by the apalling sound at the Royal Festival Hall. I thought they were supposed to sort this out while they closed it, but apparently not.

Maria Friedman was hysterical as Mrs Lovett, and Bryn Terfel has a voice that just cuts through you.

Shame it's only on for three days
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Sweeney Todd - Royal Festival Hall #10
Posted: 7/9/07 at 7:23pm
Got to see this it was fantastic! great casting didnt feel much wrong with the sound but then i was sitting right by the stage but there were times you couldnt hear singers against orchestra, but other then that..what a really GREAT show! funny and sinester! i had forrgotten how much i loved this one! i dont think i can actualy find fult with it!....though i think im now in love with Daniel Boys, i didnt catch ADWD but he has a fab voice! as well as the rest! sigh