Page: 1

Rocky Horror - OMG

AngusN
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Rocky Horror - OMG#1
Posted: 6/13/07 at 5:50pm
Just got back from seeing the tour of Rocky Horror, and I never thought I'd say this but Oh My F*cking God...David Badella is AMAZING! Yes, even better than the legendary Tim Curry. The whole show, works fantastically. The sets, the performers, the music, everything. I have seen it a couple of times and I've never felt that it worked partiuclarly well as a stage show, but this one does.
David's voice is perfect, loud, brass, deep, rich and soulful! Hayley Tamarddon is also great as Janet. Even good old Billy Pearce does a good job as the narrator.
If you get a chance to see it, do it, damn it! you'll love it!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#2
Posted: 6/13/07 at 6:36pm
Davida Badella IS amazing. The first time I saw Rocky Horror he was out and I am so so glad I tried again when the show came close enough. He was so brilliant, I had seen him in the Jerry Springer the Opera DVD. I saw him again when the tour came to Wimbledon with Richard O'Brien as the narrator, doubly amazing.
fairygodmother Profile Photofairygodmother Profile Photo
fairygodmother
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#2
Posted: 6/13/07 at 6:39pm
i saw it at wimbledon with most of the current cast, with riachrd o brian as the usherette in beehive playing the guitar. complete bonus. but nightmare audience, lots of drunken shouting that went above and beyond the normal stuff and got really disruptive. bedella's got some great put downs tho.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#3
Posted: 6/14/07 at 4:11am
Saw it in Bristol - great show, great cast, awful audience. I've seen it five times before and it's been fantastic, but the calling out was really disruptive the last time and, worse, not even particularly funny...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Claudia5 Profile PhotoClaudia5 Profile Photo
Claudia5
Swing
Swing
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#4
Posted: 6/14/07 at 10:53am
You are all so lucky to have the show in town! I wish we had the ROCKY HORROR here in vienna!!! :0(
I love this amazing show!! I have seen the amazing West End Tour with Paul Pecorino!!! FANTASTIC!!!
Love,
Claudia
AngusN
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#5
Posted: 6/14/07 at 1:09pm
Does anyone know if they are planning a recording of this show? I doubt they will, but they chould do, it has never sounded as good. In fact, I don't rate any of the recordings that I have heard. (Tim's
AngusN
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#6
Posted: 6/14/07 at 1:09pm
Does anyone know if they are planning a recording of this show? I doubt they will, but they chould do, it has never sounded as good. In fact, I don't rate any of the recordings that I have heard. (OST - dated, yet still the best, Howard Samuel's - not bad, Jason Donovan - awful! Recent OBC - awful!)
Updated On: 6/14/07 at 01:09 PM
Rocky Horror Profile PhotoRocky Horror Profile Photo
Rocky Horror
Swing
Swing
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#7
Posted: 6/15/07 at 9:14am
Angus, it's very, very unlikely. The Rocky Horror company are quite cheap, and they don't appear to understand that the fanbase alone will help sell a load of copies. It's a shame too, as this production is the best in years. It has a stellar cast, and the musical arrangements are brilliant.

Just a pointer though, it's BEdella :-P
-------------------------- "At the late night, double feature Picture Show"
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Rocky Horror - OMG#8
Posted: 6/15/07 at 9:37am
Is it on tour at the minute then?
If so, I didn't know that :S