Page: 1

Grease is the word

Red-Angel
Swing
Swing
Grease is the word#1
Posted: 6/3/07 at 6:10am
Does anyone else think it's odd that the panel of Judges are concerned by the girls need to perfect their "American" accents? Only Sandy is supposed to be "Australian", they obviously haven't watched the start of the movie, where she tells Danny on the beach that she's going home to Australia....this is bugging me big time!! Don't they realize this is why Olivia Newton-John was cast in the Role!! Maybe they never watched the movie!!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Grease is the word#2
Posted: 6/3/07 at 8:04am
Is she Australian in the stage version? I know they keep referencing the film but there are often differences (the ending in Little Shop of Horrors for one).
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Grease is the word#2
Posted: 6/3/07 at 9:04am
Sandy is American in the stage version. The whole australian thing was changed for Olivia in the film, But who cares anyway, the finalists are appalling anyway. I cant believe out of all the people they auditioned, this is what they have ended up with.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Grease is the word#3
Posted: 6/3/07 at 10:40am
well if shes supposed to be american in the stage show , how the hell do you expect Hayley Everett's bizare accent in Grease(she been playing sandy for years), her accent i thought was supposed to be OZ (or she was constipated, i could hardly tell) lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Grease is the word#4
Posted: 6/3/07 at 11:31am
i would go for constipated. i've only seen the show on stage once, and believe me once was enough.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Grease is the word#5
Posted: 6/3/07 at 11:45am
i agree lol
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Grease is the word#6
Posted: 6/4/07 at 11:26am
Im no huge Grease fan, BUT the stage show when done well (eg first uk tour and the full dominion version)was a very good show. Its since then its gone down hill majorly.

Michele and Danny B have to win, they are by far the best and have worked the most to get where they are
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Grease is the word#7
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:25pm
The Grease stage show has always been shaky over here but yes the dominion run was better than the rubbish they tour now(CHANGE THE BLOODY SET)

I have to route for Anthony as ive known him for years