Page: 1

Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?

NathanLaneStalker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#1
Posted: 5/23/07 at 12:55am
Hi! I am a big fan of Joe's and I was wondering how he was in The Producers.

I live in the US so there is no way I could've seen him.

Thanks!
"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey
NathanLaneStalker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#2
Posted: 5/26/07 at 9:08pm
Anything???

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey
NathanLaneStalker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
COME ON! There has to be SOMETHING to say about his performance.

turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#3
Posted: 6/4/07 at 10:22am
I am interested to know too but won't be seeing the show for a while. I have found these two comments on the dresscircle messageboard

"I saw it in Woking the other night and it was very quiet and crap. Joe Pasquale was appalling and Russ Abbot didnt seem to 'get' Roger DeBris at all. Shame they couldn't get the original London Roger (forgotten his name, sorry)."

"Apparently Pasquale is gr8 in the role and as a result has been offered a number of cameo film roles. Russ Abbot is normally excellent in all that he does, so I will reserve judgement til I catch them at Milton Keynes."
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#4
Posted: 6/4/07 at 11:28am
Seeing this on thursday so will be able to give my opinions on him.
lexylane Profile Photolexylane Profile Photo
lexylane
Swing
Swing
Hi, iv seen joe in the producers last nite in sunderland.
omg he is amazing! he was so funny, he could hardly keep his own laugh in! lol

it is something you shouldnt miss. im goin again on friday!

he is very good in it and he plays the part very well i must say.

from alexis x
Updated On: 6/7/07 at 04:02 PM
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just got back about half an hour and can honestly say one of the best shows i have ever seen.

Pasquale was just amazingly funny, and at one point he couldn't stop laughing! This only added to the humour.
Absolutely great, going to try and get tickets to see it again in the next 2 weeks so i can take my mum.

Loved the Prison cell song and the grannys at the end of act 1 re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?.
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#9
Posted: 6/8/07 at 10:48am
Yes it was the same point. The other guy had to turn around and say something like "Sush Pasquale" and then at the end of the scene he said something like "Ok Pasquale you can leave now because I have a song to sing and you're making me laugh".

Loved the bit in Betrayed with the added references to the Sunderland Empires refurbishment in Betrayed, and the ice-cream costing 2... And "Yes, Joe Pasquale really DOES talk like that". Amazing show.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#10
Posted: 6/8/07 at 1:05pm
Corey did the same ice cream joke and the whole "its a beautiful theatre isnt it" in manchester , we also got "that peter kay is funny, i wonder if everything hes saying is in the script"

Love Corey
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
NathanLaneStalker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#12
Posted: 6/13/07 at 7:09am
I don't understand some of the references. (USA) But he sounds great!

Joe does that in his comedy acts to. If he thinks something is funny, he doesn't mind laughing about it on stage. lol. I love that about him.

"Yes, Joe Pasquale really DOES talk like that"

OMG! LMAO! I LOVE that! re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#13
Posted: 6/14/07 at 1:56pm
Seeing it again tonight ater having gotton cheap tickets!! Sitting in the stalls this time rather than the upper circle so will report back.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#15
Posted: 6/14/07 at 5:24pm
It did close in the West End. This is a tour. ^_^
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#16
Posted: 6/15/07 at 11:23am
Was just as funny last night as last week!

Must admit though, Cory English is the real star of the show and is absolutely amazing in his role.
Swing
Swing
re: Joe Pasquale as Leo in The Producers?#18
Posted: 6/22/07 at 4:55am
Went to see The Producers at Sunderland last week. Very strong production. Cory English was very very good!! Joe Pasquale was pretty good but his voice let him down and, since he's got a few production numbers, Bloom really needs a good voice. (Although I'm biased as I saw John Gordon Sinclair in London!!!)

Russ Abbot was worth a mention too - not as camp as some of the DeBris actors I've seen but his Hitler part was excellent.

A bit disappointed that they missed out the gag at the beginning of Act II (about Ulla "cleaning" up and the set completely changing) although that's probably the Empire staff not being bothered to have to worry about another set!!!

Page: 1