Page: 1

WWRY U.S. Premiere?

lakezurich Profile Photolakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WWRY U.S. Premiere?#1
Posted: 5/16/07 at 11:53pm
Does anyone know if WWRY is planning on opening another show on Broadway or comming to the states any time soon? It has done so well in London I would think so, but you never know.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
Updated On: 5/16/07 at 11:53 PM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WWRY U.S. Premiere?#2
Posted: 5/17/07 at 9:14am
I very much doubt this show will ever play on Broadway , i know they had planned a few years ago to take it to broadway but decided not to after a lot of the US papers reviewed the London one and hated it.

There is a production in Canada at the moment
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WWRY U.S. Premiere?#2
Posted: 5/17/07 at 11:40am
There was a production a few years ago in Vegas. I don't know how successful it was but it is no longer playing. I know that they didn't cut the show to 90 min like they are doing with all broadway shows turned vegas shows and that they kept the full lenght. This production of the show is the only one that played in the US.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WWRY U.S. Premiere?#3
Posted: 5/17/07 at 12:19pm
Actually winston, they did cut the show down to a 90 minute version. My parents saw it and thought it was great, and so we went to see the show in london afew months later.
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WWRY U.S. Premiere?#4
Posted: 5/31/07 at 8:30am
I think it did start out at full length then they cut it later on to make it shorter.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
lakezurich Profile Photolakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WWRY U.S. Premiere?#5
Posted: 6/2/07 at 2:02am
It is so weird how a show can be a hit in London and then get torn apart by U.S. critics.
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: WWRY U.S. Premiere?#6
Posted: 6/2/07 at 11:22am
yeah, its same vica versa though to.

Broadway got it spot on with starlight express though and closed that show very quick lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna