Page: 1

Fall Auditions

emmyrose
Swing
Swing
Fall Auditions#1
Posted: 5/7/07 at 3:27pm
I am moving to London this coming September from southern California to spend a semester abroad and would really love to get involved in Theater there. I would love to audition for some West End shows if even just for the experience. I have been in loads of things here in California (my 25th show closed yesturday) and can't imagine a full semester of not even auditioning. Plus the chance of getting into a show would be fantastic! What kind of information do you all have? I would like to audition for at least 5 big things and then maybe actually do a show with a community theater as that will be much easier to get into. Thanks
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fall Auditions#2
Posted: 5/7/07 at 5:07pm
How long is your student visa lasting? I'm planning on applying to the RSAMD in Glasgow, and my research told me that you need to be a student in the UK for 6 months or more in order to work there...so make sure whatever you audition for falls under your circumstances.
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
emmyrose
Swing
Swing
re: Fall Auditions#2
Posted: 5/7/07 at 6:29pm
I will only be there about 4 months but if I happen to get into a show that is after the time I am there I would then apply for a work visa.
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Fall Auditions#4
Posted: 5/8/07 at 4:24am
Getting a work visa is only the half of it- you'd need an exchange between american and british equity, and if ure not a member of equity anyway, then more than likely you wouldnt be allowed to perform.

Are you trained? Do you seriously think you can just come over here wanting to get involved, and suddenly get work in a west end show? Not gonna happen, especically if the equity question isnt solved.

Seems a little bizarre.
I AM BATMAN Profile PhotoI AM BATMAN Profile Photo
I AM BATMAN
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Fall Auditions#5
Posted: 5/8/07 at 10:32am
Just had to shout out a word on here! I'm from central/ southern California and have been over here in the UK for the past year and a half. I attended the RSAMD's musical theater Masters program and now am "living" the life I guess! Things are pretty quiet on the West End audition front, for me anyway. Though I am currently in the audition process for GREASE. My 3rd call for them was a week ago today...so who knows...

But yeah, just had to represent California and the RSAMD since you guys were talking about them. 'Tis all!

Laters Gaters!
R&Hgal
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Fall Auditions#6
Posted: 5/8/07 at 11:53am
As an american on a student work visa you can't work in entertainment. so if you did for some reason get cast you wouldn't be able to work, if for some reason you are like the only person in the UK who could do the job, then they can fight for you to do it, but they have to prove that no one in the UK can play the part.
Props to RSAMD! I'm a alumi too!
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fall Auditions#7
Posted: 5/9/07 at 9:56pm
By the way, you guys are every encouraging regarding the RSAMD. I'm really hoping to get in, it seems to be such a very beautiful school that encourages the performer to explore...it's my number one choice.

Cheers! :)

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 5/9/07 at 09:56 PM
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Fall Auditions#8
Posted: 5/10/07 at 9:03am
Updated On: 5/11/07 at 09:03 AM