Page: 1

Buddy comes back!

rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Buddy comes back!#1
Posted: 5/2/07 at 4:35pm
So Buddy Holly is due back in the West end in Aug.....Personaly really dislike this show, was so bored when I saw the tour just after it closed. But whats everyone else's view on it's comeback??
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Buddy comes back!#2
Posted: 5/2/07 at 7:55pm
I watched it years ago and didn't think much of it.

It amazes me,all the shows waiting to come in to london but cant get theatres yet fame and buddy have had no problem

Box Office talks i guess
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
allvocal Profile Photoallvocal Profile Photo
allvocal
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Buddy comes back!#2
Posted: 5/3/07 at 3:23am
I love this show.. I've done it twice and both places extended and had sold out crowds.. It's so much fun to perform and just rocks out.. I'm glad it's coming back!! RAVE ON
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Buddy comes back!#3
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:12pm
They must have cut the size of the show in half! THE DUCHESS THEATRE!!! my god its one of Londons smallest theatres! Buddy started at the Victoria Palace -nearly 2000 seats then to the Strand-1200! Hows Buddy gonna fit into The Duchess? scuse the pun vicar!!!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Buddy comes back!#4
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:19pm
Its not a very big show on terms in staging
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Buddy comes back!#5
Posted: 6/20/07 at 7:48pm
even Maureen Lipman looked big on the stage of The Duchess!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Buddy comes back!#6
Posted: 6/20/07 at 8:43pm
Was there a special offer on exclamation marks, lovey? You seem a bit free with them. re: Buddy comes back!

I never saw 'Buddy', but I really enjoyed 'The Hound Of The Baskervilles' and am saddened it's closing early. It was pretty much along the same lines as 'The 39 Steps', only it was like the lesser accomplished but more endearing cousin of 39. Hohum...
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Buddy comes back!#7
Posted: 6/21/07 at 6:53am
'Baskervilles' is to tour later this year to smaller venues much like the Duchess-i imagine Cardiff,Bath nothing definate yet. Buddy was one of the first biog/jukebox musicals when it opened at the Victoria Palace in 1990 and every one in the theatre at the time thought it would be a disaster- wrong, it ran 11 years and is now on its way back. Not the best of shows but a fun evening and i wouldnt mind seeing it once more.
Updated On: 6/21/07 at 06:53 AM
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Buddy comes back!#8
Posted: 6/21/07 at 12:58pm
I hope 'Baskervilles' does tour, especially if it comes through Bath. It wasn't exactly revolutionary, but it was just SO MUCH FUN!

I don't think I have much interest in 'Buddy'. How long do you suppose it'll be running for? Is it a limited engagement, or will they just wait and see how it goes?
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Buddy comes back!#9
Posted: 6/21/07 at 1:48pm
It is Limited yes but you know that means nothing for a show like this. The crowds wil flock and in a small house like this it could be unLimited! At least its not a dark house for the Summer! Weez if you aint seen it give it a go if have a free 'slot', tho comeing from Bath theres proberbly a lot more at the top of your list!!

--------- 'I put on The Iceman Cometh' and nobody cameth' ----------
Updated On: 6/21/07 at 01:48 PM