Page: 1

Woman In White

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Woman In White#1
Posted: 12/5/06 at 3:17pm
Well they was a slot for woman in white(4 weeks) open for the show at the palace theatre manchester as part of its tour but it's now fallen of next years list.
The producers told the palace they had decided against touring the show.
This is just what ive heard through me working at the palace but we were told it would be coming and now there is a gap in next years show lists so it looks like its true

Just thought you woman in white fans would want to know.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Woman In White#1
Posted: 12/5/06 at 3:59pm
thats a shame as I loved the show, although 4 weeks in one place is a bit hopefuly, 1-2 weeks would be enough I would have thought!
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Woman In White#2
Posted: 12/5/06 at 5:14pm
Dammit!!!! Was looking forward to that re: Woman In White
All_For_Laura Profile PhotoAll_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Woman In White#3
Posted: 12/5/06 at 6:57pm
Is it definitely touring then? When does the tour start, when does casting start?
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
CarolynW Profile PhotoCarolynW Profile Photo
CarolynW
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Woman In White#4
Posted: 12/5/06 at 7:29pm
There is no planned WIW tour in the US or UK at this time per RUG. They have been responding to emails about this and told me to go ahead and post it as an announcement on the RUG message board. I am the Global Forum Moderator for the message board, but do not work for them.

They did not say there was one planned next year, but I got the feeling that they are not planning one then either. No casting was ever announced that I heard about. I think it would be Live Nation that would do the tour; not RUG. Just my opinion. With the "Sound of Music" and EVITA going on the West End I doubt ALW has had time to look back at redoing WIW.

Yours,

Carolyn
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Woman In White#5
Posted: 12/6/06 at 11:31am
It was live nation doing the tour (or at least thats what it said on the palace board)

From what we have been told(again not fact just what the managers said at our theatre) the whole tour is scrapped.

Personally everyone was kinda happy it wassnt coming because no one there really liked it and its left a slot open for a show we are hoping to get next year
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Woman In White#6
Posted: 12/6/06 at 4:58pm
Hopefully rights are released to regional theatres...I think it'll find more success in that medium.
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Woman In White#7
Posted: 12/6/06 at 5:17pm
^Ditto.

Sad to say it might not be back in America for a while re: Woman In White
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Woman In White#8
Posted: 12/7/06 at 5:45pm
I fear the same...I'm having flipping withdrawals! I need me some WIW!
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 12/7/06 at 05:45 PM
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Woman In White#9
Posted: 12/7/06 at 8:52pm
ME TOO!
sharon1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Woman In White#10
Posted: 12/8/06 at 9:37am
So do I. I remember this time last year I couldn't wait to get to NYC and see it. Not the same this year. The only show that holds any real appeal for me is the revival of "Company"