nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Mamma Mia - The Film#1
Posted: 11/14/06 at 1:24pm
according to IMDB...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795421/

I have IMDB regular. If anyone has Pro, could they possibly find out more. Im not sure what I think of the idea. Could it work as a film - plot wise?
Wildcard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#1
Posted: 11/14/06 at 3:11pm
Mamma Mia has a pretty fleshed out plot, though not necessarily an award-winning idea. It is very accessible and will work as a film. It's just the right amount of fluff that can appeal to general audiences.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#2
Posted: 11/14/06 at 3:12pm
IMDbPro doesn't have much to say. It's in development, was last updated in April, the production company is Littlestar Productions and the distribution company is Universal Pictures. Not very exciting at all I'm afraid! :/
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#3
Posted: 11/15/06 at 9:43am
Madonnas name was attached to this months ago for the role of Donna(i think she would be pretty good in this)Im pretty sure that this film wont happen though.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Wildcard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#4
Posted: 11/15/06 at 4:35pm
Why are you sure that the film won't happen (or did you just mean Madonna in the role)? Tom Hanks' company is producing this movie. They also made "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". The last chapter of the Mamma Mia book also talks about the script for the film version. Numerous movie-musicals are opening soon... they will surely milk that trend for all it's worth.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#5
Posted: 11/15/06 at 7:52pm
because this has been spoke about for 2 years now and still nothing has happened
AnythingCanHappen Profile PhotoAnythingCanHappen Profile Photo
AnythingCanHappen
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#6
Posted: 11/16/06 at 3:32am
I would actually love to see it, being that I havent seen it on stage. (yeah, i know. I am one of two people in the world that hasn't seen it.)
"Don't worry, it should never be seen. It's comparable to Britney's hoo-ha." - being.jeremiah in response to the High School Musical 2 logo "You look fantastic, all you need are high heels, cake and a dream." - Amneris
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#7
Posted: 11/16/06 at 5:01am
They were talking about 'RENT' for many many years before it finally happened last year. These things take time, but it most likely will come.

And I've not seen it ever either, and I'm not sure I especially want to. I'll support a film version though. :3
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#8
Posted: 11/16/06 at 10:32am
The difference between the Rent Film and the Mamma Mia film was that Rent was messed around by miramax for years untill revolution got it.Mamma Mia has been with the same company for ages with none of the problems rent had and it's still not been made.
Many musicals have had there rights sold to film studios but only 2 or 3 willl ever see the light of day.

DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#9
Posted: 11/16/06 at 12:47pm
Think we might see this one given the huge and still very current success it is enjoying with the people and with the box ofice takings.

One thing that might be holding the film up is the actual stage show - you don't want your audience to go to the film instead of the stage show if you can help it. And to release the film when the stage show is still packing them in may cost audience members.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mamma Mia - The Film#10
Posted: 11/16/06 at 3:21pm
the chances are they will wait to see how dremgirls sweeney todd and hairspray films do before doing anything.

We have mamma mia at the palace at the moment and its whole 3 month run is pretty much sold out