Page: 1

Lion King and WWRY Day Tickets from theatre or Tkts

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We go to London on Monday (Woot) for a week and have got Mary Poppins, Avenue Q and Wicked.

I have afew questions -
1. While me and my dad are at Avenue Q on the tuesday night my mum wants to take my younger sister to see the lion king. Ive been checking the TKTS website and they dont sell it. Do any of the other booths sell them or do they have to be bought at the theatre?

2. On Wednesday night after the wicked matinee we want to see WWRY. Can you get cheap day tickets from the theatre or do you need to buy them from Tkts. Also do you think they will be tickets avaliable because of the half term week. They have been avaliable every single day since i started looking so it shouldnt be a problem should it?
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
lion king is gonna be full price at the theatre i'm afraid its still very popular especially in the half term. WWRY may be available for that wednesday but as its half term i suggest getting there as soon as it opens. definatly before wicked. Seen all those shows your gonna have an awesome few days. ENJOY!!!
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"lion king is gonna be full price at the theatre i'm afraid its still very popular especially in the half term."
Is that for deffinate? I mean is it just the official TKTS booth that doesnt sell LK or all the ones around the square?
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
yeh true i'm afraid. tkts is the only OFFICIAL half price booth there. the others are just there to make money and rip people off. people who come and see the producers, where i work, pay like 40 for balcony tickets. its just robbery really. lion king is worth every penny trust me! sorry its gonna be an expensive week x
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yep it sure is. We have already spent 200 on tickets for 3 shows (In the cheapest places too) and are looking to be spending another 100 for WWRY day tickets.

I told my mum she cant get half price lion king tickets, so they are just going to go back to the hotel to watch a DVD.
GuyfromGermany Profile PhotoGuyfromGermany Profile Photo
GuyfromGermany
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You can get standing room tickets at "The Lion King"...
They are 12,50 I guess!
In the real world the only people who burst into song are the hopelessly deranged...
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Id be alright with standing room tickets, but i couldnt see my mum and sister taking standing room even if they were offered it for free.