Page: 1

Mail on Sunday WICKED review the worst yet!!!

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The mail on sunday review of Wicked has to be the worst yet. 0 out of 5 stars, describes the production as witless, charmless , brainless, tedious. Says by the end of the show he had lost his will to live.
Updated On: 10/1/06 at 09:05 AM
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I think most of the reviews were not great, but as many people on here have said it probably wont stop the public from buying tickets in the truck loads.

I saw it a few weeks ago and it didnt do that much for me, but other audience members couldnt stop raving about it.

Not sure if its gonna have the same impact that the broadway verison has, and it will be interesting to see how long it does last in London.
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The critics had there knives out before this show even opened.Bitter old men with the bitter old pens writting on there bitter old paper hehe.

The show is aimed at a young(or young at heart)audience and lets face it the critics are about as young at heart as the queen.

Wicked is a great night out and lots of fun but it was never gonna change the face of musical theatre.Go and see it if you want,dont if you dont want but at least go in open minded

critics bore me Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Sant
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe they were just expecting too much of it. ("Too much" in sense that no matter what the show was like it would have never been good enough.) After all the hype around WICKED is amazing.

If they give WICKED 0 out of 5, I'd like to know what the same person would give MAMMA MIA!!! Which, in my book, is by far one of the most overrated and stupid, charmless, tedious and brainless shows ever mounted.
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
"Which, in my book, is by far one of the most overrated and stupid, charmless, tedious and brainless shows ever mounted." I always thought that were shows as Tonight's The Night - the worst show I have ever seen in London!
Updated On: 10/1/06 at 02:12 PM