Idina's attendence record

Wickedmeltification Profile PhotoWickedmeltification Profile Photo
Wickedmeltification
Swing
Swing
Idina's attendence record#0
Posted: 9/29/06 at 3:36pm
Hey Everyone,
I'm wodering if anyone can tell me, what is Idina Menzel's general attendence record? You see, I'm American, and I've seen the show three times in the USA, always in Chicago, so I've never seen the Broadway production, and therefore, never Idina. I'm going to see the show in London during the evening performance on Saturday 28 October, and I'm trying to see what are my changes of seeing Idina. I'm going all the way to London (from Indiana) just to see Idina, so can someone give me their thoughts on the matter? I've seen Kerry Ellis in Les Miserables some months ago while studying in London, and while I thought her amazing and will enjoy the show if I end up seeing her... But, well, I'm hoping, and praying, for Idina.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Idina's attendence record#1
Posted: 9/29/06 at 4:15pm
Ive read her attendance record is extremely good, so your chances of seeing her, especially on a saturday evening show, is very high.

Im going the wednesday matinee on the 25th and cant wait re: Idina's attendence record
Matty
Understudy
Understudy
re: Idina's attendence record#2
Posted: 9/29/06 at 5:57pm
she hasnt missed a show yet.
actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Idina's attendence record#3
Posted: 9/29/06 at 9:03pm
That's awesome that her attendance record is good.
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Idina's attendence record#4
Posted: 9/29/06 at 10:12pm
yeah, I've heard from many sources that she has an EXTREMELY great attendence record :) She seems to be one of those people who'll come to work no matter WHAT, which is very cool and shows how much of a hard worker she is!
I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
avab802 Profile Photoavab802 Profile Photo
avab802
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Idina's attendence record#5
Posted: 10/2/06 at 2:00pm
Is she billed above the title in London? Also, does anyone know what the policy on returning tickets is in London? In the US, if a star who is billed above the title is out of the performance, you can return your tickets for a refund. Just wondering if they do the same thing in London or if it's absolutely no refunds.
OldProp
Swing
Swing
re: Idina's attendence record#6
Posted: 10/2/06 at 9:28pm
As an avid New York City theatre-going American, I would like to correct the last post by avab802.

There are absolutely no refunds for a show in NYC, whether on or off Broadway, if the leads don't perform.

PURE myth. Stop it here!
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Idina's attendence record#7
Posted: 10/3/06 at 3:14am
Above the title billing is very unusual in London, unless its a genuine celebrity. I'm afraid Idina Menzel is not that, on either side of the Atlantic. She's a well known theatre actor, and so to the vast majority of the public, an unknown. She'snot billed above the title in London, and, correct me if im wrong, she wasn't in New York either?
JeaniusIsMe Profile PhotoJeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Idina's attendence record#8
Posted: 10/3/06 at 6:55am
As from what I remember, there really wasn't an "above the title" billing in NYC. Idina and Kristin's names were above the title on posters with "and Joel Grey" directly under the title. But it wasn't "above the title" in the sense that their names were plastered on billboards and such.

And just to agree with the masses, Idina did have a great attendance record. So barring any unforseen problems, she will probably be on.

Wickedmeltification: what part of Indiana? I'm from Chicago and go to school at ND.
Wickedmeltification Profile PhotoWickedmeltification Profile Photo
Wickedmeltification
Swing
Swing
re: Idina's attendence record#9
Posted: 10/3/06 at 12:06pm
JeaniusIsMe: I'm a few hours south of you, at Ball State Univ. in Muncie IN.
Everyone:
Thanks so much for your responses! I'm starting to get so excited to see Idina! 25 days to go...
avab802 Profile Photoavab802 Profile Photo
avab802
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Idina's attendence record#10
Posted: 10/3/06 at 12:10pm
"As an avid New York City theatre-going American, I would like to correct the last post by avab802.

There are absolutely no refunds for a show in NYC, whether on or off Broadway, if the leads don't perform."

I know many people returned their tickets and were given refunds for what was supposed to be Idina's last performance in Wicked in NYC after she was injured and could not perform. I'm also an avid New York City theatre-going American and have heard this policy stated many times by many different people.
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Idina's attendence record#11
Posted: 10/3/06 at 4:57pm
I also heard it happened a few times when Bernadette Peters was out during the run of "Gypsy". A friend of mine went one night she was out and was offered a refund but want to stay to see her understudy.
Just give the world Love.
OldProp2
Swing
Swing
re: Idina's attendence record#12
Posted: 10/3/06 at 11:03pm
I was actually at the 1/9/05 performance in NYC. No refunds were given by the BO. In fact the guy sitting next to me was GIVEN his ticket by a woman who flew in from Ohio specifically to see Idina's last show.

I don't even want to admit what I paid for my two tickets on E-Bay. Not to mention the train ride up from Virginia, and the hotel room! I get sick just thinking about it...

The rumors about refunds on B'way are absolutely not true. Call any box office on B'way and they'll tell you. NO refunds if the headliners don't appear.
jacster99
Swing
Swing
re: Idina's attendence record#14
Posted: 10/5/06 at 4:45am
she's a pretty dedicated person. she even came out to perform when she had broken ribs!!! poor girl =)

the cast in london have been telling people she always gets in early to prepare (even tho she could do the role in her sleep now) and she does all 8 shows incl matinees!

brilliant!
billy elliot Profile Photobilly elliot Profile Photo
billy elliot
Understudy
Understudy
re: Idina's attendence record#15
Posted: 10/5/06 at 6:38am
Yup it's all good news, Idina performs everynight re: Idina's attendence record
New WICKED Forum, CHECK IT OUT
"i can't really explain it"********************************************* "but he could be a star"******************************************* Be a BE*liever! Feel the Electricity
Theatrebore101 Profile PhotoTheatrebore101 Profile Photo
Theatrebore101
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Idina's attendence record#16
Posted: 10/5/06 at 3:46pm
does anyone know when she is due to leave?
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Idina's attendence record#17
Posted: 10/5/06 at 5:43pm
End of December. I heard the 30th but could be wrong.
Claire2141 Profile PhotoClaire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Idina's attendence record#18
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:35am
I heard 30th too....
WickedForever2 Profile PhotoWickedForever2 Profile Photo
WickedForever2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Idina's attendence record#19
Posted: 10/6/06 at 12:12pm
I heard 30th, but in Martin Ball's Wicked diary, he said "no definite date has been set yet, but somewhere around the end of the year." which makes me EXTREMELY nervous for all the people who booked tickets for the 30th thinking it was her last show....... and of course, we all know what happened on Broadway.....
Claire2141
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Idina's attendence record#20
Posted: 10/7/06 at 9:04am
Must admit I've booked tickets for then, but if it's not then then I really don't mind. I still get to see the show and bought the 15 seats.

Really praying it is that night though!
mikeyb16 Profile Photomikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Idina's attendence record#21
Posted: 10/7/06 at 3:35pm
i've got this from wikipedia about Idina's last show

Kerry Ellis will replace Idina Menzel as Elphaba on December 31, 2006
Claire2141
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Idina's attendence record#22
Posted: 10/7/06 at 5:05pm
31st is a Sunday so I don't think that'll be Kerry's first.

They could mean that Idina's last is the 30th though.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Idina's attendence record#23
Posted: 10/7/06 at 5:42pm
Do remember that anyone and everyone can update the Wikipedia and it is NEVER to be used as a factual reference if you can help it.
Louder Than Words
Swing
Swing
re: Idina's attendence record#24
Posted: 10/7/06 at 7:49pm
It is correct that Idina does not have a confirmed leaving date. She has the option of extending into January which as I am aware she is quite likely to do even if its just a week or so.
WickedForever2 Profile PhotoWickedForever2 Profile Photo
WickedForever2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Idina's attendence record#25
Posted: 10/8/06 at 12:22am
Oooooooooh, good to know!! I bet she would extend b/c hello, she's making a ton of money, but also I think she's really having a great time!! Somewhere I saw a news thing with Opening Night clips and she was jumping around at the curtain call like a 12 year old fan girl!!!! It was too cute.