Page: 1

Where are the former Valjeans

Tsao5
Stand-by
Stand-by
Where are the former Valjeans#0
Posted: 8/19/06 at 8:03am
Just curious, anyone know what J. Leyton or Phil cavill or Peter Karrie or any of their covers from over the years are now. There are not so many roles that can show off their voices as well as we would like, so I was just wondering...where are they?
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Where are the former Valjeans#1
Posted: 8/19/06 at 8:28am
Peter Karrie is touring the country with some other actors/actresses performing in concerts. Sorry this is vague but i dont know any more!
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Where are the former Valjeans#2
Posted: 8/19/06 at 9:51am
I know this is a bit off-point, but Peter Corry, former Javert, is currently doing concerts in Ireland singing various songs from shows. There were two in Dublin, and one of my family was at each. the first was, aparently, rubbish, but the second was brilliant and got a standing ovation.

Did you guys mean Peter Corry when you said Peter Karrie?
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
Tsao5
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Where are the former Valjeans#3
Posted: 8/19/06 at 10:37am
Peter Karrie was Valjean a while back.....waaaaay before you were born :) He was good, and it good to know he is still singing. I know of the Peter you speak, saw him as Javert once. But actually just looking for info on the Valjeans over the years. Again, there are not sooo many roles that can really show off ones "Valjean" voice, that has a singer who can show off the range required for that role. I would think that after playing Valjean (or the Phantom maybe or Che I suppose or George in Sunday in the Park) there are not SOOOOO many vocally juicy roles. So, I was just curious about where some of these guys have gone after playing the parts they have. Craig Pinder can be added to the list of the London Valjeans who I wonder about.
YessicaB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Where are the former Valjeans#4
Posted: 8/19/06 at 10:58am
I think Jeff Leyton would make a great Phantom!
Elphabear
Swing
Swing
re: Where are the former Valjeans#5
Posted: 8/21/06 at 3:55am
Jeff would love that comment about Phantom!!

Since leaving LM, Jeff has done a couple of concerts with Peter Corry (former Javert) but I believe has now gone into at least semi-retirement.

Phil Cavill recently came back as Valjean whilst JOJ was off at the RAH. He's one of my favourite Valjeans.

re Peter Corry . . . he is also doing concerts in Scotland and the UK in the next couple of months, sorry I haven't got the actual dates to hand.
YessicaB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Where are the former Valjeans#6
Posted: 8/25/06 at 5:58pm
Elphabear, he's not in retirement, not even semi...
Elphabear
Swing
Swing
re: Where are the former Valjeans#7
Posted: 8/28/06 at 2:03pm
hi YessicaB, whats Jeff up to these days then?
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Where are the former Valjeans#8
Posted: 8/28/06 at 2:11pm
Peter Karrie is currently involved with performing in a new Welsh musical, AMAZING GRACE, which will be playing at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff and Grand Theatre in Swansea in the autumn of 2006.

http://www.malpope.com/grace/home.html
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA*** ELEGIES FOR ANGELS PUNKS AND RAGING QUEENS**** AMOUR*****
Updated On: 8/28/06 at 02:11 PM
YessicaB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Where are the former Valjeans#9
Posted: 8/28/06 at 3:23pm
Various things. Hopefully we'll get to see him perform again soon.