Page: 1

London Ticket Advice, etc.

MusicalMo
Stand-by
Stand-by
London Ticket Advice, etc.#0
Posted: 7/30/06 at 3:51pm
Hi.

I am visiting London this week Aug. 3-11. I was there last summer and lined the tickets up in advance (Mary Poppins, Guys & Dolls, Billy Elliot). This time, since I am there longer, I thought I might just wing it. Is it fairly easy to get shows at either TKTS or just walking up to the box office and getting seats or cancelations? What time do I need to get to TKTS? And are TKTS seats usually good seats?

I was hoping to see SUNDAY, EVITA, L5Years, maybe BILLY E. again, WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND, SINATRA.

ALSO... I need to go out to Wales to see the MY FAIR LADY tour. Can someone tell me the best way to do this? I was going to try the National Rail. Is that the best way to do it? Is it expensive to get out there?

Sorry for all the questions, but your help would be great! Thanks. Hope to hear from some of you.
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: London Ticket Advice, etc.#1
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:17pm
Well....Whistle Down The Wind isn't selling greatly with 3 tiers closed most nights. But what i recommend you do is buy a ticket right at the back of the dress circle then you will be moved forward to either front of dress or stalls so ideally you get a better seat.

Box Office sales are usually better in my opinion as you can pick where you wanna sit in the whole auditorium rather than go to a TCKT booth and have a select option.

**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: London Ticket Advice, etc.#2
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:28pm
For WDTW there are loads of offers online around to get tickets for e.g 12.50 as on whatsonstage.com, might be actually even cheaper than getting from e.g. TKTS!
MusicalMo
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: London Ticket Advice, etc.#3
Posted: 7/30/06 at 6:00pm
Thanks. Any thoughts on the other shows/questions?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Ticket Advice, etc.#4
Posted: 7/31/06 at 3:02am
If you go to this website -

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts/today

At around 11AM, the site will show what tickets there are for each day. You can get a rough estimate of what will be avaliable and what price it will be for each day.

Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: London Ticket Advice, etc.#5
Posted: 7/31/06 at 5:18am
Just a warning that trains to and from the West Country and Wales are fairly awful both in price and frequency of service.

Try here: http://www.traveline.org.uk/index.htm and click on the various 'National links' on the right for rail and coach information.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Updated On: 8/1/06 at 05:18 AM