Acorn Antiques

zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Acorn Antiques#0
Posted: 7/26/06 at 6:55pm
Hello everyone!!

Hear that is coming back on tour, and I love the show! I am a little bit concerned about the casting...not sure weather it's going to work without the amazing original London cast!
Any news on who the casti is??

Danny
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
Elphaba3 Profile PhotoElphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
Understudy
Understudy
re: Acorn Antiques#1
Posted: 7/27/06 at 9:56am
apparently casting is still 'yet to be announced', would be great if just a few of the original cast joined the tour, especially julie walters!!
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Acorn Antiques#2
Posted: 7/27/06 at 1:49pm
I love Julie Walters - legend! I am a bit sceptical about this show but if Julie Walters is in, i'd be on the front row!
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Acorn Antiques#3
Posted: 7/27/06 at 2:50pm
Whats going on all Scarlett's fans?? :) well I sooooooo want Julie Walters to be in it tho I doubt it she will be...and also celia imrie who is FABULOUS!!!! and I have to say I am really fond of Sally Ann Triplett!!..really looking forward to see it in Brighton! And also may I add...going to see Mary Poppins again next week CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elphaba3 Profile PhotoElphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
Understudy
Understudy
re: Acorn Antiques#4
Posted: 7/27/06 at 5:17pm
it is like a scarlett fan club on this thread haha!
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Acorn Antiques#5
Posted: 7/29/06 at 12:21pm
Woo, go all fans of the legendary Scarlet Strallen - wonderful people with a fantastic eye for pure talent!!! So jealous zerodanny, i need to go and see Mary Poppins again, i'm getting withdrawal! Let me know what Gavin Creel is like when you've been. Thanks.
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Acorn Antiques#6
Posted: 7/30/06 at 5:20am
I will do!!...I SOOOOO CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I have to get married first!...MP is the treat for afters!!!!! :)
RYANWOODS Profile PhotoRYANWOODS Profile Photo
RYANWOODS
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Acorn Antiques#7
Posted: 8/1/06 at 6:35am
The show will be revamped slightly. Hilary O'Neil (the U/S for the original London production) is inline to play Bo Overall and Celia has been approached to repise after getting the Olivier for the role, Duncan has too been asked. Some of the chorus may go with it on tour, but i dont think any other of the original cast memebers will.

Also Victoria Wood is hoping for it to go to the West End after the tour for a limited season again with the ammendments at the new cast and not at such a high price. I think thats great - it was a fantastic show. The music was stunning as was the script and deserved more praise than it got - just because the price was high (it HAD to be) that grabbed the attention and it should not have.
LondonTheatreUK Profile PhotoLondonTheatreUK Profile Photo
LondonTheatreUK
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Acorn Antiques#8
Posted: 8/2/06 at 3:11pm
I didn't see it live, but purchased the DVD after renting it, and loving it! Really wonderful production, although I find the second act much more enjoyable than the first.
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Acorn Antiques#9
Posted: 8/2/06 at 8:46pm
This show was great a real gem i loved it,i also have to agree that the second act was much better than the first but all in all it was fantastic.