Worse show ever seen ??

Worse show ever seen ??#0
Posted: 7/11/06 at 5:52am
Has any one ever actually been to a show in the West End and have come out thinking, “well that was not worth the money” Etc, may be cause of the score or the untidiness of the performance. If so what show was it?? Cause after seeing the ‘woman in white’ most people said it was Lloyd Webbers worse when I actually thought it was a brilliant show! And some one I know didn’t really think much of ‘guys and dolls’
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Worse show ever seen ??#1
Posted: 7/11/06 at 4:43pm
'Thoroughly Modern Millie'. Holden/Lipman. My god that was rubbish beyond belief.
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Worse show ever seen ??#2
Posted: 7/11/06 at 6:47pm
yes i agree millie was awfull and so was beautifull and the damned
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Worse show ever seen ??#3
Posted: 7/11/06 at 7:19pm
I am SOOOOOOOOOO going to be struck down and persicuted for this but MY worst show has to be Les Mis! I absolutly hate it! i saw it twice the first cast looked so bored with it like they really couldnt be bothered so i gave it another chance one year on diff cast....same story they looked like they would rather be picking fluff from their navels then singing on day more yet again! that and the sets look totaly dilapidated, and held together with blue tack!...ok that's so asking for trouble I know but its just my view on the show i'm sure many will disagree with me but we all have our opinions!
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Worse show ever seen ??#4
Posted: 7/11/06 at 8:51pm
You are not alone im not a big les mis fan either.
My ex tom lucas was in it for a couple of years playing marius and he made me go and watch it about 50 times ,i just wanted to slit my wrists hehe(though he was great in it)

lol
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Worse show ever seen ??#5
Posted: 7/12/06 at 4:08am
Im sure he's delighted youve just outed himre: Worse show ever seen ?? lol

although im guessing if you mentioned it he's already out? Hmm....messageboards are fun! lol

I saw the show just before it moved and whilst i found some parts interesting, for the most part i was bored beyond belief.

All that bother over a loaf of bread? Irs basically a musical about a middle-aged french shoplifter! lol
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Worse show ever seen ??#6
Posted: 7/12/06 at 7:41pm
im so happy i thought i was totaly alone! i no longer feel like such a minority lol thanks guys!
Another one i just thought of Tonights the Night...its odd as i really enjoy the CD but the staging really bored me!...mmmm a strange one me thinks!
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Worse show ever seen ??#7
Posted: 7/12/06 at 10:34pm
hehe hes very much out(i think??hehe kidding)

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON TONIGHTS THE BLOODY NIGHT

also hate chitty it makes my ears bleed hehe
*ASH*
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Worse show ever seen ??#8
Posted: 7/13/06 at 11:14am
I think the Les Mis set is generally supposed to look like that.... I HATED the king & I when I saw it with Josie Lawrence (if thats her name...lol), and i thought she was so crap at that part. She played Anna, and couldn't sing for sh*t. However, a lot of it was good (amazing sets and costumes etc)
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Worse show ever seen ??#9
Posted: 7/13/06 at 11:52am
The usual suspects:

Notre Dame de Paris
Tonight's the Night
Footloose - sorry, but just not my kind of thing
Tess - beige in musical form

On the positive side, Romeo & Juliet - The Musical doesn't make my list, though that's because it was so hysterically funny...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Worse show ever seen ??#10
Posted: 7/13/06 at 4:42pm
Dr Dolittle
Boogie Nights 2
High Society (classic on film, dull dull dull on stage)
Fame

I actually quite enjoyed Tonights The Night for what it was, easy fun, but the current tour is awful. Millie was a wasted opportunity - in theory could have been brilliant on stage but it didnt work.

Werent you in BEautiful and Damned westendartist?

Vive Les Miz - I love it!
Sant
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Worse show ever seen ??#11
Posted: 7/13/06 at 5:34pm
NOTRE DAME DE PARIS. A piece of crap. Score was boring, 90% of the songs (& scenes) were way too long and repetitive, sets dull, absolutely no acting whatsoever involved - you couldn't say anything about the characters and care for them even less, the direction was worse than horrible. The book was practically a bunch of scenes that followed one another without any explenation from anyone what's going on. It was practically a concert - the "actors" (should call them performers, since so little acting was required) just walked on stage, sung their songs and exited. NOTHING happened during the scenes, except the singing. And the lyrics just didn't deliver the story onwards.

Definitely the worst show I've ever seen!
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Worse show ever seen ??#12
Posted: 7/13/06 at 7:05pm
i was in beautiful and the damned but still hate it ,It was a lazy show with no direction.

Eastwicken Grrrrrrrr

I love fame(only coz i was in it hehe)but also coz it introduces a lot of new people in to the theatre and thats a great thing.It also has some great songs in(bring on tomorow is great )

rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Worse show ever seen ??#13
Posted: 7/13/06 at 7:20pm
West end artist i have to totaly agree with you, FAME is fab! i know so many people have isues with it but its so much fun i was in it at collage and had a wicked time and it really is one of those shows that people go and see when they dont know musical theatre its the same with Chicago these shows may be a litle past their sell by date with us but they are doing a good job at bringing new audiances to our genre and thats ALWAYS a good thing!
PS West end artist when are you booking till iv decided im guna give footloose a try to see if you can restore my faith after such a poor touring version...(i love the broadway show and was sooo annoyed at some of the changes made on uk tour...but more so at the bad casting)
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Worse show ever seen ??#14
Posted: 7/13/06 at 10:33pm
Have to say i hated the broadway version of footloose(sorry)i just thought the cast and set was awfull and it moved at a really slow pace.I think the new uk version has sorted out the mistakes broadway made with there version.
We are booking till november but the chances are we will be extended again after that just in a new theatre.
Come along i bet you will have a great time (if not u can beat me up at stage door hehe lol)
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Worse show ever seen ??#15
Posted: 7/14/06 at 3:33am
The comments on the Broadway message board look like a majority of them don’t like the phantom of the opera!! Cant believe it does any one agree with them?? Cause I strongly disagree !!I am so glad also that no one has said ‘the woman in white’
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Worse show ever seen ??#16
Posted: 7/18/06 at 8:20pm
i TOTALY AGREE i hated it when i saw it in london just soo rubbish!
i just rememberd my worst musical....BOMBAYDREAMS!!!!!!!!
sets that look like they were about to fall over, massive scene changes in really quiet moments...the worst acting i have EVER seen...need i say more!
Also blues brothers and buddy i was just so bored!
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Worse show ever seen ??#17
Posted: 7/19/06 at 2:11am
"The comments on the Broadway message board look like a majority of them don’t like the phantom of the opera!! Cant believe it does any one agree with them?? Cause I strongly disagree !!"

I also get the vibe that people on the Broadway Board don't like phantom.

And i also love Fame - Esp Bring on Tomorrow. Saw an amateur production of it not too long ago.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Worse show ever seen ??#18
Posted: 7/19/06 at 5:01am
Phantom's a bit like Marmite, I think. It's either your thing, or it's NOT your thing. I really don't like it very much myself, but one of my housemates is a big fan. I could offer some theories why, which might make me sound elitist (in that I spend loads of time here and have lots of different cast recordings of shows and get VERY excited about actually going to the theatre, whereas he... doesn't so much), but to be perfectly honest, I think it's just because he likes it and I don't. Simple as that. ^_^
*ASH*
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Worse show ever seen ??#19
Posted: 7/20/06 at 11:14am
I totally agree with rohingit. HOW COULD I FORGET THAT?!
Yes, i loathed and dispised Bombay Dreams. What he said lol
JohnBoy3
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Worse show ever seen ??#20
Posted: 7/20/06 at 11:53am
Have just joined this website. I have seen loads of shows but the 2 I have walked out of was "Notre Dame de Paris" and "Ragtime". Saw "Evita" last night and was incredibly disappointed.
YessicaB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Worse show ever seen ??#21
Posted: 7/20/06 at 3:24pm
I strongly dislike Phantom!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Worse show ever seen ??#22
Posted: 7/20/06 at 3:57pm
Don’t understand it though its Broadway’s longest running musical is not? So who’s going to see it!! it’s the same over here in the west end les mes is a long running one but a few people have commented on that saying it not good! I don’t understand !
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Worse show ever seen ??#23
Posted: 7/20/06 at 6:37pm
Without question - MAMMA MIA. I know many people love this show but I found the humour irritating to the point of being painful, the book banal and trite, the characters wooden and the songs (which in any other context I enjoy) simply did not work as musical theatre vehicles. It just reinforced my distaste for "contrived" musicals.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
musicalboy1 Profile Photomusicalboy1 Profile Photo
musicalboy1
Swing
Swing
re: Worse show ever seen ??#24
Posted: 7/21/06 at 8:05am
The Lion King was the worst thing i've seen, ok the opening is good. The kids were shocking with their eastend accents. I ran from the theatre to the pub!

Page: 1