Page: 1

No Sounds of Music for Mr Head

RadioFan
Understudy
Understudy
No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#0
Posted: 6/30/06 at 3:08pm
From the Official Anthony Head website

As always, Liz and I are at pains not to provide misleading information on this website and therefore choose to wait until jobs are confirmed before announcing them - sorry if this is frustrating for those of you who have caught a wiff of something going down." Tony Head

*** NOTICE: Tony will not be appearing in The Sound of Music. Media reports stating that he has accepted a role are incorrect ***

Does leave the stage open for Mr Ball?
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#1
Posted: 7/3/06 at 10:57am
I am putting out a plea to all those who respect the art form of Musical Theatre. If Michael Ball is cast in the role of Captain Von Trapp, DO NOT GO AND WATCH THE PERFORMANCE. It is an insult to the Sound of Music to cast such a lifeless actor in the role.
kover22 Profile Photokover22 Profile Photo
kover22
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#2
Posted: 7/4/06 at 1:08am
Wow thats about the rudest message I have read in a long time. If you are going to say something like that you should say in your opinion, because there are many many other opinions out there that love Michael Ball and believe he is a very talented man. I feel a bit sorry for those that don't see it. But that is only my opinion!!
I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#3
Posted: 7/4/06 at 4:39am
I agree about Michael Ball - boring, fat and over the hill.

I would imagine in response to Kover22's post that as someone had written the post it should be taken for granted that this is their "opinion" with out it being written that "this is my opinion" - who elses is it likely to be?!! Denis Comptons?!!
kover22
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#4
Posted: 7/5/06 at 5:31pm
43 is far from over the hill and he is far from fat also. Thank God not everyone in this world is a stick figure!! and if you don't put IMO in the statement it just looks rude. so why choose rude when it takes about 3 seconds to type IMO??? I don't understand why people want to be mean so much in this day and age???
kover22
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#5
Posted: 7/5/06 at 5:31pm
43 is far from over the hill and he is far from fat also. Thank God not everyone in this world is a stick figure!! and if you don't put IMO in the statement it just looks rude. so why choose rude when it takes about 3 seconds to type IMO??? I don't understand why people want to be mean so much in this day and age???
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#6
Posted: 7/6/06 at 4:44am
No offence was intended... but I really do feel that IMO is really a waste of words... It is taken for granted, as it should be, that what one says or writes is ones own opinion, otherwise we are presuming that what we say and write is mostly someone elses opinion. Which may be the case in some states/countries/dictatorships.

I don't read essays or biographies or newspaper columns that contain IMO to identify that what has been written is the writers opinion. In having written the piece I always assume that it is the opinion of the writer credited, unless otherwise stated.

…and why should we be worried about expressing our opinion? It is our right, by virtue of birth, to express what we feel and think freely in the manner we choose - written, verbal etc. with out having to use "IMO" as a way of watering down or weakening the argument or point or boxing it up in a corner.

On the point of it being rude? How is expressing your own opinion rude - the opinion might well be "rude"! but the act of expression shouldn't be. And whats wrong with being rude occasionally anyway!!! Or challenging or questioning or provocative?!

And logically speaking if the opinion is "rude" or offensive putting IMO isbn't really going to change the actual opinion.

I wonder though when you read my post how may different peoples opinion you sifted through before you realised it was my own opinion rather than that say of Bush, Blair, a Martian, seawead, the local shopkeeper, Ghandi, Eva Peron, The Royal Opera House, Shakespeares, Becketts, of JFK's..?

And while I thank you for opening up a debate on an important issue, I have to say that I am of the opinion that IMO is an excrescence.
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#7
Posted: 7/6/06 at 4:52am
Sorry to "pop back up" so soon, but on the subject of "rude" and not writing "IMO" can I refer you to your own post listed below on the re-casting of Les Mis..!!!!

"Oh my Lord Please don't put her in Les Miz!!! I love that show and she would destroy it for me! Her voice grates on my nerves so bad I can't stand it. Go let her do some show I am not interested in!"

Oh what irony!

*with cheeky grin!*

Back to Mr Ball - how much does he weigh anyway?
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#8
Posted: 7/6/06 at 5:03am
Depends if hes got a chrous boy on top of him at the weigh in time or not.
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#9
Posted: 7/6/06 at 12:13pm
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#10
Posted: 7/11/06 at 3:29am

IMO means just that.Someone's opinion,which can be swayed by a number of factors.Unfortunately as is demonstrated on this thread sometimes people are unable to see beyond their own likes and dislikes when it comes to casting a role.

I can see MB as the Capt.His age is not a hurdle,the Capt has a sixteen year old daughter.So someone who looks to young would appear very odd,imo.

Updated On: 7/11/06 at 03:29 AM
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#11
Posted: 7/11/06 at 4:29am
I agree that there is a difference in casting as a result of ones own likes/dislikes and casting on tallent alone.

I have cast plenty of people I can't stand because they were the right person for the part.

I actually have nothing against Mr Michael Ball on a personal level. Only met him once and he seemed OK - though I would still rather see Mr Johnny Ball in the role!
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: No Sounds of Music for Mr Head#12
Posted: 7/12/06 at 1:47pm
"though I would still rather see Mr Johnny Ball in the role!"

:) well that is your right of course Deathstar.

Personally I don't see a boring,fat,over the hill performer far from it which is whatdayouknow,my choice :)

To often we see the Oh no don't give it to him,I can't stand him,type of a post.As you suggest it's good practice to put your own personal opinions to one side when casting and get the right person for the role in question.But universal acceptance of a decision aint going to happen (often).I can still see how MB could be cast.

But for me the Capt needs to look stern and possibly slightly older looking than Anthony Head or Michael Ball.Myself I would much rather have an older Capt Von Trapp,than a younger one.IMO

Updated On: 7/12/06 at 01:47 PM

Page: 1