Page: 1

Porgy and Bess Confirmed!

Pinball Wizard Profile PhotoPinball Wizard Profile Photo
Pinball Wizard
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Porgy and Bess Confirmed!#0
Posted: 6/30/06 at 9:53am
Trevor Nunn's new production of Porgy and Bess will open at the Savoy Theatre from 9 November (previews 25 October). Apparently it features a 60-strong company, and the music has been adapted by the ever-busy Gareth Valentine!

Looks like it could be something different with all the musicals opening this year... I make it 21 I think???

(Sinatra, Whistle Down the Wind, Musical of Musicals, Movin' Out, Mack and Mabel, Footloose, Sunday in the Park with George, Avenue Q, Show Boat, Evita, Rocky Horror Show, The Boyfriend, Daddy Cool, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Wicked, Cabaret, Spamalot, Sound of Music, Dirty Dancing, Porgy and Bess, Caroline or Change... and then Over Here and Over the Rainbow still to confirm and LotR and On the Town confirmed to 2007.. CRAZY!
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Porgy and Bess Confirmed!#1
Posted: 6/30/06 at 12:20pm
it is a great year for theatre in london this year just wish they were a lot more new musicals instead of revivals or broadway shows Grrrrrrrrrr

ps after reading my script for dirty dancing it soooooooo issnt a musical

lol
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Porgy and Bess Confirmed!#2
Posted: 6/30/06 at 5:26pm
Am really looking forward to this, a friend of mine did a workshop of this some weeks and he had an amazing time, hope he will be in that show!

p.s. and about DD west end artist - you just find out NOW that it is not a musical? Didn't read about it on the internet? It is the film onstage! I got to see it in Hamburg a month ago and I had a great time, but if anyone expects a musical, you will be disappointed.