Page: 1

Phantom

Anthony3 Profile PhotoAnthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phantom#0
Posted: 3/20/06 at 6:24pm
Im coming to London to for Spring-break, and we bought tickets for Phantom on tues, Apr 11. (7:30pm) Has any one seen Phantom in London? If so, can you compare it to the Broadway show? I have seen it in NY 5 times, so i am looking foward to see it in London.

I would love to hear your reviews!
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phantom#1
Posted: 3/21/06 at 5:01am
It's much the same as New York, though the Wandering Child section in the graveyeard is a trio as it is on the OLCR. I understand that in New York (and for the movie) they took Raoul out of the begining of the song. The best place to ask about specific performances would be the Phantom Phans forum:
http://www.musicalfans.net/forums/index.php?showforum=17

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

LondonTheatreUK Profile PhotoLondonTheatreUK Profile Photo
LondonTheatreUK
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Phantom#2
Posted: 3/21/06 at 2:31pm
I haven't seen Phantom on Broadway but someone once said to me that he found the Broadway production much more slick or "professional" as it were. I've seen it in London 5 times and thought it was great though, and the theatre is lovely.
Justin D Profile PhotoJustin D Profile Photo
Justin D
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Phantom#3
Posted: 3/22/06 at 7:50am
Its largely the same show, but it looks like everything is squeezed to fit in Her Maj. but since it is the original, it is cool to see. the Broadway version looks like it has expanded and has more breathing room (all this is strictly refering to the set) The London cast is great.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre