Page: 1

Sweet Charity

laurencawte
Swing
Swing
Sweet Charity#0
Posted: 2/24/06 at 7:23am
Hi, Wouldnt it be great if Sweet Charity came back to the West End. It was on Broadway for a few months and when i was in New York i went to see it and it was fantastic and it starred Christina Applegate an American Actress, she was fantastic in it as sweet Charity. It would be nice to see it on the West End, hint Christina Applegate
jv92 Profile Photojv92 Profile Photo
jv92
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sweet Charity#1
Posted: 3/5/06 at 10:07am
Not to offend your opinion, everyone is entitled to it, but it was pretty awful. Ms. Applegate did a fine job acting, but her singing and her dancing were poor. The staging was bland and the choreography was a complete mess. If they were to revive Sweet Charity in London, hopefully, it would be a better production.
Fabrizio2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sweet Charity#2
Posted: 3/19/06 at 2:15pm
amen!
Philomena Profile PhotoPhilomena Profile Photo
Philomena
Swing
Swing
re: Sweet Charity#3
Posted: 3/31/06 at 11:20am
I think that Sweet Charity became a legend for two reasons: the first is the performance of Gwen Verdon and the second is the choreography of Bob Fosse.

I saw the 1986 revival with Debbie Allen. At the time, she received mixed reviews. I thought that she was superb and she had fantastic support from Michael Rupert and Bebe Neuwirth. And of course, there was Bob Fosse's choreography in all of its glory, especially "Hey, Big Spender!" and "Rich Man's Frug".

But why do "Sweet Charity" without Fosse's choreography?
Fabrizio2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sweet Charity#4
Posted: 3/31/06 at 9:02pm
Exactly.