Page: 1

Billy Elliot - an Australian needs help

museme
Swing
Swing
Billy Elliot - an Australian needs help#0
Posted: 1/17/06 at 12:36am
now dont jump to any conclusions we are not stupid people. But we are void of alot of good theatre. I am in love with Billy Elliot, almost obsessed. I am so in love with it that i am making a special trip to West End just to see the show. I really want to know everything there is to know about it, gimme pics, reviews, evrything and anything. I all ready have a heap of pics but i want more.

please help a fellow theatre lover
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you have a spare couple of days, the thread below from the Broadway Board may be useful...
Try here!

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

BillyFan2 Profile PhotoBillyFan2 Profile Photo
BillyFan2
Stand-by
Stand-by
All great things must come to pass. We know the first will soon be last and in the ground we may be lain , but a seed is sown to rise again.
Musical-chick Profile PhotoMusical-chick Profile Photo
Musical-chick
Swing
Swing
I went to see Billy Elliot on Thursday with my college it was amazing. Its quite abit different from the film its much better and it is funnier. It is alot different to any other musical ive seen. They sing a song about Marget thatcher called merry xmas margie thatcher & electricity by elton john which you may of heard already. To see more about billy elliot visit this site Billyelliotthemusical.com
Also when you go i should order drinks from the bar for the interval when you get there because the que is big as most performances are full. I went to a matinee and that was a full house. Also you might want to buy a programme which is 5 and a t-shirt which is 15. i bet you'll enjoy it. Well I hope you do.
xxx
AccordCanada Profile PhotoAccordCanada Profile Photo
AccordCanada
Understudy
Understudy
Museme:

Although it is not as popular as it once was, if you want an early history of the show, you can try the giant Broadwayworld Billy thread (on the Broadway Board, not the West End Board):
https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=857212

If you are thinking of making a special trip to London, you may want to try June 3. There are a number of us flying from North America for what is expected to be Liam Mower's final performance. Here is the seating plan showing fansite members (I'm C24-25):
http://www.abarmstrong.com/billy/june3_730.htm

And...to feed your Billy fix...try my list of multimedia updates. There is some amazing video footage (I highly recommend Liam's performance at the CHILDREN IN NEED telethon), and a number of TV interviews in January:
http://billyelliotthemusical.me.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58

Accy
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
_/_/_/