Page: 1

Will any of these musicals come to London?

ThunderCat8
Understudy
Understudy
Here is a list of my favourite musicals I've heard on CD, that I really really want to see on stage somewhen soon hopefully. Any chance of that?

Songs for a new world
Last five years (or anything by Jason Robert Brown)
Brooklyn
Light in the Piazza
I love you, you're perfect, now change
Ragtime
Tick tick boom (or in fact Rent again)

I hope some of these are coming to the UK!
Matty
Understudy
Understudy
Last 5 Years was talked about, i dont know what has come of it, id like to see it in a small theatre in london.

Tick Tick Boom was already in London at the Menier Chocolate Factory for a short run. It will not be revived in the near future.

broadway hits usually do transfer over here, so as Piazza is still very new, give it a couple of years.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I had heard that the Menier Chocolate Factory had aquired the rights to the Last 5 Years - it may yet happen!

Songs for a new world - done at the Bridewell a few years ago. No news of a production, but this is another show that I think would fit right in at the Menier

Brooklyn - I hope not

Light in the Piazza - there are no plans at the moment, but it would be perfect for the National!

I love you, you're perfect, now change - has been done twice, last years production being the most recent.

Ragtime - unlikely. The London production in 2003 lost money (even with such limited staging) and I can't imagine that in the era of feelgood up-beat musicals anyone would have the courage to try and revive it anytime soon. Pity re: Will any of these musicals come to London?

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Updated On: 1/12/06 at 04:32 AM
ThunderCat8
Understudy
Understudy
That's a shame. I only just recently got into musicals properly, so I've missed out on a lot! I hope the Menier Chocolate Factory does stage The Last 5 years, and Songs for a new world. They are amazing!

What is wrong with Brooklyn? How can you not love Once upon a time? That song is incredible!!
RYANWOODS Profile PhotoRYANWOODS Profile Photo
RYANWOODS
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Ragtime played at The Piccadilly Theatre in 2003 for only a year so i dont think the show will be seen for a while as i dont think it even re-couped.

Light In The Piazza is looking at entering the National in the 2007 Autumn season...Caroline Or Change is entering for the 2006 Autumn season.