Spamalot in London?

sadiem100 Profile Photosadiem100 Profile Photo
sadiem100
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Spamalot in London?#0
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:24pm
Has this been confirmed? I'm going to be in London from June 17 - June 22... will it be open by then? If so, can I buy tickets now? Thanks for your help Spamalot in London?
"Electricity sparks inside of me... and I'm free, I'm free."
Killjoy
Swing
Swing
re: Spamalot in London?#1
Posted: 1/8/06 at 11:05pm
I'd like to tag onto this inquiry and also ask: Is there any information available yet on casting choices for Spamalot in the West End production?

Thanks!
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spamalot in London?#2
Posted: 1/9/06 at 5:44am
I don't believe that an opening date has been set, though it's likely that it will be towards Autumn/Winter time at the Palace Theatre

Similarly, casting hasn't been confirmed at this early stage, though it's rumoured that Hannah Waddingham (Beautiful Game & Tonights the Night) is The Lady of the Lake; and that ensemble offers are being made this week.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

MrsCurry Profile PhotoMrsCurry Profile Photo
MrsCurry
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Spamalot in London?#3
Posted: 1/9/06 at 12:10pm
Any rumours about this show would be greatly appreciated lol :)

Apparently Hank Azaria 'confirmed' at a press conference last night that Tim Curry will play King Arthur in the London Show. This is the second time Azaria is reported to have said this. However, an official announcement would be much more welcome than his rumour spreading...

RYANWOODS Profile PhotoRYANWOODS Profile Photo
RYANWOODS
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Spamalot in London?#4
Posted: 1/9/06 at 12:38pm
Tim Curry is doing the London show and Hannah has been approached (not sure if signed) to play Lady of The Lake. Shane Richie (a UK celeb i believe) has been approached to play a role.
Audition are happening as we speak.

The show opens at The Palace Theatre in October. Press release due end of Jan/Early Feb with tickets going on sale Mid Feb.
MrsCurry
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Spamalot in London?#5
Posted: 1/9/06 at 12:45pm
Sweet...how do you know about Tim?
MrsCurry
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Spamalot in London?#6
Posted: 1/9/06 at 1:16pm
If Tim Curry is in the show, im prepared to go to great lengths in order to secure tickets for opening night...

I've never attempted to see opening night in anything in the West End and i just wondered if it was at all actually possible? Eg, will the tickets be sold to journalists and celebs?
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spamalot in London?#7
Posted: 1/10/06 at 5:53am
Depends on the show - if tickets are made available, they'll probably be in the Upper Circle / Balcony seating. The Palace is a fairly large theatre (over 1400 seats), so it's quite likely that some may be sold to the public.

This talk of Shane Richie worries me though... re: Spamalot in London?

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

MrsCurry
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Spamalot in London?#8
Posted: 1/10/06 at 6:36am
Yes...it worries me too.

However, as long as he isn't King Arthur i really dont mind... ugh that would just be awful..) I could see him as Lancelot though...
divaboy
Swing
Swing
re: Spamalot in London?#9
Posted: 1/12/06 at 3:42pm
Is Hank Azaria coming too? Do we know who the rest of the (confirmed) cast is?
MrsCurry
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Spamalot in London?#10
Posted: 1/12/06 at 5:19pm
All Hank seems to mention is the fact Tim Curry is coming to London lol. I think Hank is staying with his Broadway contract :)
honeyfitz2
Swing
Swing
re: Spamalot in London?#11
Posted: 1/13/06 at 2:24am
I asked Hank directly at the stage door in December, He said that Tim would be coming over but Hank himself wouldn't re: Spamalot in London? Ah well - I'm glad we're getting Tim!
algy Profile Photoalgy Profile Photo
algy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Spamalot in London?#12
Posted: 1/20/06 at 10:15am
Spamalot is opening at the Palace on the 2nd of October

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4630906.stm
Elmokid Profile PhotoElmokid Profile Photo
Elmokid
Understudy
Understudy
re: Spamalot in London?#13
Posted: 1/20/06 at 12:23pm
tickets go on sale 21st Feb :)
ThunderCat8
Understudy
Understudy
re: Spamalot in London?#14
Posted: 1/20/06 at 12:32pm
"Spamalot won three Toby awards in June"

hahah! Classic BBC quote.
MrsCurry
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Spamalot in London?#15
Posted: 1/20/06 at 5:38pm
I wish theyd just give us the cast list - *sigh* Faaaaar too many comments about Simon Russell Beale coming over to do it...bleugh. Who's the king!? Tim is! Who's the King!? Tim is...!

etc lol.
Ladyofthe Lake Profile PhotoLadyofthe Lake Profile Photo
Ladyofthe Lake
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Spamalot in London?#16
Posted: 1/21/06 at 11:00am
I've seen quite a few Simon Russell Beale comments in the wake of this announcement, too, and it's making me increasingly uncomfortable. If it turns out that Tim is not going to be the one playing Arthur in the West End, I am going to be highly irritated with Hank Azaria. I was going to put a "wink" emoticon there, but actually, I'm not really kidding. I'd pretty much accepted that Tim wouldn't be bringing the show "across the pond." Michael Riedel's article reawakened my hopes somewhat, but it was Hank stating - on at least two occasions that I'm aware of - that Tim would most likely be reprising his performance in London that really got me excited. If it wasn't pretty much set in stone, he had no business saying it - although I'm hoping against hope his comments were right on the mark, and all this talk of SRB being the one to reprise the role is wrong. Pretty please...
Currybear
Swing
Swing
re: Spamalot in London?#17
Posted: 1/21/06 at 12:08pm
I must be the only person who hasn't heard the SRB comments...Where can I see any of them? Any specific websites?
Currybear
Swing
Swing
re: Spamalot in London?#19
Posted: 1/21/06 at 5:21pm
Thank you. Yes, it is disturbing. But we can still hope....
MrsCurry
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Spamalot in London?#20
Posted: 1/21/06 at 6:00pm
Umm. And to rub it in even more, i went to get a copy of the Daily Mail yesterday, opened it up and BAM picture of Beale staring at me in the middle of the Spamalot article. *sigh* I'm sure he's a great guy, good at the part blaaah blaaaah - but im past the nice comments thing now - I want Tim!

I was in the West End today watching a show and i was sitting there thinking - ah, will i ever get to see Tim like this? lol. Although i was on the very last row of the theatre today...I will not be seeing him like that !! heh.
Ladyofthe Lake
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Spamalot in London?#21
Posted: 1/22/06 at 12:29am
Thank you. Yes, it is disturbing. But we can still hope....

Oh, yeah, I haven't quite given up hope. I keep telling myself there's no reason Hank should have gotten everything that wrong. He's not only currently doing the show, but he's currently working with SRB. If SRB is indeed in serious contention for the London show, it certainly didn't just happen within the past two or three weeks, which is when Hank started mouthing off about Tim. At least I hope not!

The one thing I really hope isn't true, if SRB does end up being the one to reprise the role in London, is that Tim wanted to do it, but was passed over. Of course, that's something we'd never know for sure...
Currybear
Swing
Swing
re: Spamalot in London?#22
Posted: 1/22/06 at 9:26am
I also fear that Tim wanted to do it and will be passed over BECAUSE he took too much time off the Broadway run and his reputation has been a bit tarnished. That and the fact that it had so exhausted him last time - they may feel he wouldn't be up to it.
Updated On: 1/22/06 at 09:26 AM
Ladyofthe Lake
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Spamalot in London?#23
Posted: 1/22/06 at 10:03am
Considering the rough time Tim had during the Broadway run, it really didn't occur to me that he'd want to do the London show - I was amazed when his name started cropping up (first with Michael Riedel, then with Hank) as the likely Arthur in the West End. However, I guess I was wrong. If that's so, but it doesn't happen, I'm sure his attendance record will be the reason...surely not because of any problems with the performance itself, because he was wonderful.
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Spamalot in London?#24
Posted: 1/22/06 at 7:27pm
What are the chances that the Little Britain team will join the cast?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008