Glenn Carter

J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#0
Posted: 12/13/03 at 3:56pm
Does anyone know if he has any new projects coming up? I heard he is in Boston appearing in a play. His name doesn't come up in "Who's Who" search. I a huge fan? I'd appreciate any information you may have! Thanks, J LA
Jayla
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Glenn Carter#1
Posted: 12/19/03 at 8:33pm
Glenn Carter? dunno... he seemed to have disappeared after playing the role of Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar! Well~ that's the best role he had or could play...
My CHICAGO the musical group!!!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
SpookyGal
Swing
Swing
re: Glenn Carter#2
Posted: 12/20/03 at 4:15pm
Last time I heard from him he was involved in this cult scandal.
Don't Dream It, Be It!
macbeth Profile Photomacbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Jimmcf Profile PhotoJimmcf Profile Photo
Jimmcf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Glenn Carter#4
Posted: 7/7/04 at 12:37pm
Wow - I saw him in the Broadway production (and the dvd) and thought he was great. Sorry to hear this. Maybe he is a lot happier though.
My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." - Rose Nyland
InTheMoney Profile PhotoInTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: Glenn Carter#6
Posted: 8/1/04 at 2:07pm
Can't say I thought much to his Jesus. Anyone else find it INCREDIBLY irritating how he raised his arms for EVERY long/high note. Just watch GETHSEMANE - it drives me nuts! And his voice is nowhere near as good as the bloke on the Concept album (what was his name? Ian somebody.). Having said that, the last GETHSEMANE I saw was Michael Ball and you have to be seriously excellent to top that. (Though I saw an amateur do it almost as well when mucking around in rehearsals. Shame he was actually playing Judas in the production).

But then, there were so many things wrong with that DVD anyway, both Biblically and in terms of the show, that I can't stand it.
Sazzle Profile PhotoSazzle Profile Photo
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#7
Posted: 8/11/04 at 7:07pm
He hasnt gone 'nuts' at all!! Hes just finished a UK tour of Whistle Down The Wind, and is about to start a new UK tour playing Jesus again in JCS.
He is a lovely, kind and wonderfully talented man and as far as I am concerned he has done nothing wrong!
So what doesnt believe in God? I'm a christian and I do believe in God but I'm not going to say that some one else is wrong in what they believe. You may see what one person believes in as unlogical or unrealistic, but the truth is all religions are based on many unfounded facts, and faith is whats important you just have to believe what you believe and accept not everone else will agree with you!
It adds variety to life AND it doesnt make any difference to him as a performer! Hes got fantastic talent and an amazing voice, Its a shame how mean people can be!
*One Day More, Another Day, Another Destiny!*
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#8
Posted: 8/13/04 at 5:11pm
Thank You Sazzle! I just love him! Most people on this board and the Broadwayworld.com board seem to hate him! I've read so many negative comments regarding his performance on Broadway as Jesus and the DVD, I just don't get it! I first saw the film version on PBS several years ago and his "Gethsemane" stopped me dead in my tracks, I've been hooked ever since. He is also going back on tour early 2005 with As You Like It here in the US. I hope the show comes to Las Vegas (my hometown) or LA! I'd love to meet him.
Jayla
west end fan
Swing
Swing
Glenn Carter#9
Posted: 8/16/04 at 3:05pm

He is apparently playing the role of Jesus in the new touring production of JCS.
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#10
Posted: 8/17/04 at 6:01am
He is playing Jesus in the new UK tour of JCS at selected venues!! :)

I cant wait, I'll definately go to the stage door and show him some support!!
Truly2
Swing
Swing
Glenn Carter#11
Posted: 8/17/04 at 6:16pm
Im seeing Glenn in JCs too and i cant wait! He is fantastic! And i am SO exited to be seeing him!

I too am a giant Michael Ball fan and have seen him live tons of times but you cant even compare GlLenn and Michael coz there styles are SO different.

LEave off GLenn - hes amazingly fabtastically wowee!

J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#12
Posted: 8/17/04 at 10:15pm
Finally I don't feel like so alone on this board! I wish I could find some excuse to head across the Atlantic to see JCS and show Glenn my support (and anything else he wants to see:)
Jayla
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
(none)#13
Posted: 8/18/04 at 2:59pm
Updated On: 11/15/04 at 02:59 PM
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#14
Posted: 8/22/04 at 10:16pm
Truly2, I am so jealous! You can see the whole schedule for the tour on his website www.glenncarter.com I'm hoping they will post pictures of him in the show like they did for WDTW. I just keep hoping he will out to the wild west sometime!
Jayla
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#15
Posted: 8/23/04 at 6:17am
JLA...a week today Truly2 and I are goin to see JCS together!! I am SOOOO excited!! I thought I was only going once, but she was able to get us really good tickets!! YAY-NESS!!....I'll try and take some photos if you like and if you send me ur e-mail addy I'll pass some on!!
x
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#16
Posted: 8/23/04 at 11:49am
Sazzle, now I'm really jealous! Can you PM me? I don't want to put my email on the board. I want lots of close ups of Glenn in his loin cloth:)
Jayla
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#17
Posted: 8/27/04 at 9:35am
I PM'd you JLA!! 3 days to go!! Yay-ness!
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#18
Posted: 8/29/04 at 9:06pm
To Sazzle and Truly2
Have a great time at JCS! I want all the details and lots of pictures! Make sure Glenn knows he has a huge fan in Las Vegas! Sazzle, I emailed you at the address you left me. I hope it got to you.
I can't wait to hear about the show.Take care!
Jayla
elaine
Swing
Swing
Glenn Carter#19
Posted: 9/12/04 at 9:46am
I have been to see JCS every night since it started on 26th Aug and will do until the end of it's Birmingham run on 18th Sept. As a huge fan of James Fox(www.jamesfox.biz)I am going to support him in his debute in musical theatre and what a fantastic debute it is too.

Prior to this, I had never heard of Glenn Carter, but his performance in the show is amazing. He is a joy to watch and, of course, hear his wonderful voice

When he comes out of the stage door he is always very friendly to people who have waited to meet him and get autographs/photos, I have spoke to him twice myself and he was really nice.

I don't know, or care, what his personal beliefs are but it doesn't change the fact that he is very talented.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Glenn Carter#20
Posted: 9/16/04 at 5:33pm
I saw him at the opening of Peggy Sue Got Married. He looked very bored.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#22
Posted: 9/17/04 at 4:51am
I'm going to see JCS tonight....I cant wait!!! :) my voice has gone though and there is no way I can talk to glenn!! HAHA- I hope it comes back
squash
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Glenn Carter#23
Posted: 9/17/04 at 8:09am
GET A LIFE AND STOP SLAGGING OFF JCS
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#24
Posted: 9/17/04 at 10:45am
Squash-what does "slagging off JCS" mean? Sazzle is a huge fan of Glenn's and can probably answer your questions on your post. Why do you want to know anyway?
Jayla
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
none#25
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:47pm
Updated On: 11/15/04 at 06:47 PM
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
Glenn Carter#26
Posted: 9/17/04 at 10:02pm
Sazzle, Squash started another "Glenn Carter" post with questions. I think I PM you, too.
It's no surprise Glenn improved on perfection:)
Jayla