Page: 1

Producers in London!

macbeth Profile Photomacbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Producers in London!#0
Posted: 12/9/03 at 10:16am
So the cast is now set... I'm very familiar with Richard Dreyfuss' work though have never known him to be able to sing, and I'm not really familiar with Lee Evans at all.

Will they work?
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Producers in London!#1
Posted: 12/9/03 at 10:33am
Having seen Dreyfuss in his Osscar winning role in The Goodbye Girl, I am confident of his supreme comic timing - and he has recently been playing Neil Simon roles on stage. I'm not sure about his singing either - but he an actor of such immense presence that I am really looking forward to the prospect of seeing him in TP in the West End.

Lee Evans has a good comedy pedigree on stage, TV and movies - but I have to admit that I am not a fan of his, so I am disappointed at this particular piece of casting.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
mitchern
Swing
Swing
re: re: Producers in London!#2
Posted: 12/9/03 at 2:43pm
Dreyfuss certainly has the ability to command the stage, and I don't doubt his comic timing either, but I'm also curious about his singing ability (or lack thereof).

Lee Evans I don't consider to be much more than an adequate comedian, but should fit the part ok.

Page: 1