TheComposer Profile PhotoTheComposer Profile Photo
TheComposer
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Theatre Royal Haymarket's Masterclass#0
Posted: 9/28/05 at 3:47pm
Hi Guys,
maybe you like to know.....

The Theatre Royal Haymarket's Masterclass season for this autumn begin next week with two very different but seemingly linked events....

Director PHILIP HEDLEY, producer of 'The Big Life' and for many years Artistic Director of the pioneering Theatre Royal Stratford East, gives a masterclass 'WHAT MAKES A MUSICAL?' on Tues 4 Oct @ 2.30pm. Participants are asked to interview someone who came to Britain as an immigrant and Philip will use the resulting stories and comments as the basis of an exploration of musical theatre and the craft of the director. http://www.trh.co.uk/masterclass/Philip_Hedley.asp

Actor CLIVE ROWE, much loved for performances in 'Simply Heavenly', 'As You Like It' and pantos at Hackney Empire amongst others, runs a masterclass on MUSICAL SONGS on Fri 7 Oct @ 2.30pm. Four young artists will sing with Clive whilst all the participants share in the learning and the joy of his inspirational and caring approach to acting songs. http://www.trh.co.uk/masterclass/Clive_Rowe05.asp

Other artists this season include FORKBEARD FANTASY (11 Oct) with a unique masterclass exploring their development of fantastical cine/theatre productions, GEOFFREY COLMAN (18 Oct) and 'Drama Schools, What DO They Want?!', writer JOE PENHALL (21 Oct) on 'Blue/Orange' and his film work and director STEVEN PIMLOTT (3 Nov) giving a practical workshop for young directors.

Our events are given free of charge for people aged 17-30yrs wanting to learn about and be inspired by theatre and its practitioners. All take place on the Haymarket stage and offer an informal, fascinating interchange between artist and participant.

Full details at www.trh.co.uk/masterclass or call 020 7389 9660.

Please feel free to pass this info to anyone you think could benefit.

Yours
Suzy Humphries
Programme Director, Masterclass, Theatre Royal Haymarket, London SW1Y 4HT
Melindabean
Swing
Swing
re: Theatre Royal Haymarket's Masterclass#1
Posted: 11/4/05 at 6:03am
Hi there~

Thanks for posting this; I'm a performer who is new to London and could really use great opportunities like this to meet other UK artists! I'm also new to the whole message board thing, so I hope I've done this right. If you have any other info on events like this, I would appreciate the news very much! Thanks again.
TheComposer Profile PhotoTheComposer Profile Photo
TheComposer
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Theatre Royal Haymarket's Masterclass#2
Posted: 11/5/05 at 3:42pm
Hi,
welcome to London!
Always happy to help.
Rgds