Page: 1

Student Discounts?

Broadwayballerina Profile PhotoBroadwayballerina Profile Photo
Broadwayballerina
Stand-by
Stand-by
Student Discounts?#0
Posted: 9/21/05 at 2:07pm
Could someone please give me any information about West End student discounts?
"I look before I leap I love margins and discipline I make lists in my sleep Baby what's my sin?"- Joanne, Rent
Emilie
Swing
Swing
re: Student Discounts?#1
Posted: 9/21/05 at 4:30pm
Very few theatres have student discount in the West End and most of them are not musicals.

Come to London and grab an official London theatre Guide flyer(or check their website) then you'll know.

*checking my flyer*

Ah...only Blood Brothers, WIW, and The Big Life have standby tickets.
Broadwayballerina
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Student Discounts?#2
Posted: 9/21/05 at 6:54pm
thanks! darn. I am new to London. Studying here until late december and know nothing about the west end workings. Can you suggest the most inexpensive ways to get tickets...

Particularly wanting to see: mary poppins, billy elliot, and guys and dolls... (as I guess is everyone else?)
"I look before I leap I love margins and discipline I make lists in my sleep Baby what's my sin?"- Joanne, Rent
Broadwayballerina
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Student Discounts?#3
Posted: 9/23/05 at 5:13am
ok well aside from student discounts, could you guys please share the most INEXPENSIVE way(s) to get west end tickets??? Please! Poor student...in most expensive city...with terrible US dollar exchange rate...need theatre...thanks.
Ma2
Swing
Swing
re: Student Discounts?#4
Posted: 9/23/05 at 10:55am
Many theatres are doing student discounts, not just the ones mentioned here. Bring your student ID and ask at the box office (usually on sale an hour before the show). Priced around 15-25.

Otherwise, the Official Half Price Ticketbooth (clock tower) in Leicester Square has many offers. Avoid other booths as they are trying to sell seats which are priced many times higher than at the theatre. (I have good experiences with the booth next to Prince Edward theatre though, and can get good deals on the day.)

For Mary Poppins: Buy a seat behind the conductor. They are much cheaper and the view is very good (if you like front row seats)

Billy Elliot is doing cheap day tickets. Show up early in the morning and you might be able to get good front row seats for the evening's performance. Think it is 25.

Don't know about Guys and dolls, but think they have something similar to Billy Elliot - some tickets on sale in the morning. Also, I think, it is possible to buy standing seats, which are less expensive.

For not so popular productions you can buy a cheap seat up in the balcony or something and you might be lucky and moved closer to the stage (or just move seat yourself if it's half full). Some theatres have seats which have slightly limited view and you can choose these if you want cheaper tickets.

I have been a student in London myself and have (almost) always bought student tickets. Hope this helps! And if you want more advice, please just ask! re: Student Discounts?
DinJ
Swing
Swing
re: Student Discounts?#5
Posted: 9/23/05 at 11:05am
If you're looking for discounts check out http://wwww.broadwaybox.com/london - They have a nice selection of discounts on many West End shows + they give the option the compare prices & seats between diffrent agencies.
TheComposer Profile PhotoTheComposer Profile Photo
TheComposer
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Student Discounts?#6
Posted: 9/26/05 at 2:15pm