Page: 1

Will Guys and Dolls Cross Over for a Broadway Run?

TheActr97J Profile PhotoTheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Sant
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not very likely, since there was a successful revival of GUYS & DOLLS on Broadway about 10 years ago.
Aigoo Profile PhotoAigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, please say it's so!
This is my signature.
AnothaPartofMe
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I agree with Sant -

The revival was too recent for another run on Broadway... and there are many musicals now in rotation for a revival that haven't been in awhile, like THE WIZ, MAME or BYE BYE BIRDIE.
And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...
bwayondabrain
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i really wanna see it! i wanna see it this monday while im in london, r the tickets able to be gotten then? or les miz, how r the tickets for that?
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Guys and Dolls - tickets are scarce with most dates sold out, you'll probaly have to queue for returns and standing room from about 6 or 7am

Les Mis - sometimes available at tkts in Leicester Square for 35% off evening performances and half price for Wednesday matinees.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I sincerely hope not. G & D is one of a handful of shows that here in the US producers always pounce on when thinking of musical revivals. Enough already with reviving this show. There are many more musicals that have not seen a major revival since they opened originally that are far more interesting such as:

Lil Abner
Bye Bye Birdie
Evita
Golden Boy
Irma La Douce
Silk Stockings

Not to mention the failed musicals that deserve another life

Sherry
Ben Franklin In Paris
I Had Ball
Hallelujah Baby
High Spirits

If someone mentions reviving Peter Pan again I shall beat myself to death with a polo mallet

I have been away on vacation but the prayers of my wife & I are with the victims of the terrorist attacks & their loved ones & families

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 7/24/05 at 04:19 PM