Page: 1

lord of the rings musical

karen2
Swing
Swing
lord of the rings musical#0
Posted: 1/12/05 at 10:28am
Does anyone know anything on the cast, venue or opening night of the lotr musical ?. I had heard Hugh Jackman was being considered for Aragorn if so who would you see playing the rest of the fellowship at least. Toodles pipski
kangaroo Profile Photokangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: lord of the rings musical#1
Posted: 1/15/05 at 4:19pm
The Lord of the Rings will feature music by Stephen Keeling and Bernd Stromberger and a book and lyrics by Shaun McKenna. (Keeling and McKenna previously collaborated on the musical Maddie, which premiered at the Salisbury Playhouse in 1996 and moved to the Lyric Theatre the following year.) Rob Howell (whose recent work include the Warchus-directed Our House) will serve as set and costume designer and Chris Nightingale (Bombay Dreams) is set to be the show's musical supervisor.
Really Useful Theatre Company veteran Kevin Wallace and film producer Saul Zaentz, who is behind the hugely popular Rings movies and owns both the stage and screen rights to the classic series, are producing the show. It is estimated that Lord of the Rings will cost 8 million, making it the most expensive musical in West End history
If the show is ready for a spring 2005 premiere, its debut will coincide with the 50th anniversary of the publication of the complete trilogy: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King.

I dont' really know... but I love the movies so I hope that the musical does okay. It incorporates my two fav things: LOTR and Broadway. But I don't think that Hugh is going to be playing Aragorn, I just think lots of people want Hugh to play him. Which would be amazing...
NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.