Page: 1

new talent

"rubyfrumblefoot"
Swing
Swing
new talent#0
Posted: 1/10/05 at 4:42am
WHEN WILL PRODUCERS STOP USING TIRED OLD NAMES TO GET BUMS ON SEATS IE GLENN CARTER,MICHAEL BALL,RUTHIE HENSHALL ETC ETC IT IS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE ELSE WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO SHINE INSTEAD OF SEATS BEING SNAPPED UP BY FANS OF XYZ THEN GENUINE THEATRE LOVERS WHO ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE CAST MIGHT BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE PERFORMANCE INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO GIGGLING TEENAGERS ESPECIALLY IN THE CASE OF J.C.S, GLENN CARTER IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY GOOD LOOKING, I REST MY CASE T.T.F.N
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
re: new talent#1
Posted: 1/13/05 at 8:48pm
Because "bums on seats" keeps productions going and theaters open, that's why! Glenn Carter's young fans attend many shows during a tour and producers love that. Giggling is not the worst thing to hear (I do agree, it's annoying) but these fans are simply enjoying themselves. And besides,talent is talent and the actors you mentioned all have it.
Jayla
Sazzle Profile PhotoSazzle Profile Photo
Sazzle
Understudy
Understudy
re: new talent#2
Posted: 1/14/05 at 4:04am
I know this is the same person as Sarra2 or who ever, who obviously has a problem with me- if you care to look at my profile they have taken my favorite actors and then included them on the 'untalented' list'
Really big and clever of you to use a new name!!

And to be fair I dont care what your opinion is of my taste in actors, if you hate them as much as you seem to imply that good for me- It means I will never have the chance to run into you at a show.

*One Day More, Another Day, Another Destiny!*
Updated On: 1/14/05 at 04:04 AM
karen2
Swing
Swing
re: new talent#3
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:07am
what ? ! ! !
Type_A_Tiff Profile PhotoType_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: new talent#4
Posted: 1/14/05 at 6:11pm
WHEN WILL PEOPLE STOP ABUSING THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON AND TYPE USING PROPER PUNCTUATION AND GRAMMAR???
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
J LA
Understudy
Understudy
re: new talent#5
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:46pm
Thank you! I hate getting "yelled at" on this message board!
Jayla
ruby frumblefoot
Swing
Swing
re: new talent#6
Posted: 1/15/05 at 5:25am
somethings make u YELL
ruby frumblefoot
Swing
Swing
re: new talent#7
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:36pm
by the way sazzle u can only register ur email address once on this board as rob informed me, it is not suprising if sum1 has a vendeta against u if u accuse innoncent people, by the way y do u ansa every post ?
melody2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: new talent#8
Posted: 1/17/05 at 2:06pm
I've been to enough musicals over the past few years to have seen a nice balance between name talent and 'new' talent. Michael Ball I saw for the first time in Chitty and he was fantastic. Much as Laura Michelle Kelly is in Mary Poppins. My fav. 'new' find was the Australian Michael Cormick though in Calamity Jane - what a gorgeous voice he has... Ruthie Henshall I also saw for the first time in Chicago and thought she was great as was LInzi Hately (sp?) who I'd never heard of before (currently in Mary Poppins). I can understand there must be frustration for 'new' talent to make their mark but the current Jean Valjean started in the show as the Foreman so I think he's made good progress and he's not a named star... but that show tends not to use them - aside from the original cast who made names for themselves and Jon Lee who was actually very good.
ruby frumblefoot
Swing
Swing
re: new talent#9
Posted: 1/17/05 at 3:22pm
true, like simon breen he has been billy flynn in chicago off and on for 5 years, he is great but who has heard of him
melody2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: new talent#10
Posted: 1/18/05 at 2:24pm
...and my fav. 'no name' Jeff Leyton who stunned me with his amazing portrayal of Jean Valjean... his first and foremost theatrical role.
sharon1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: new talent#11
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:53pm
How about Emma Williams. Original Truly Scrumptious and now just finished in Bat Boy. Very young, Very good.
burmy
Swing
Swing
re: new talent#12
Posted: 1/19/05 at 4:52am
why do you argue about things you can't change? i can't go 2 london during da year, only in the summer & i can't see these fantastic shows. i think you should take the opportunity and enjoy yourselves instead of arguing! anyway, even if you don't like these people (ruthie etc.) you have to think. somehow they've made it there! and they weren't just sitting home and saying bad things about people who do work hard...

Page: 1