Page: 1

Question

Kicks8567
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Question#0
Posted: 8/6/04 at 4:11pm
Hi,

I am from NY, and am planning on going to London next summer. Does anyone have any good (affordable) hotels, and any reccomendations on when to buy tickets. I appreciate any help. Thanks
POLisPOL Profile PhotoPOLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question#1
Posted: 8/28/04 at 1:06am
I use to check it at www.hotels.com
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
InTheMoney Profile PhotoInTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Question#2
Posted: 8/28/04 at 2:46pm
Good hotels... I'd recommend the ST GILES on Bedford Avenue (just off Tottenham Court Road, by the Dominion theatre). Especially handy (i.e. withi walking distance) for The Palladium, The Palace & The Dominion theatres as well as a couple of others (like whichever it is showing Blood Brothers - I've forgotten the name). Also ok for Shaftesbury Avenue and the other theatres - you can get a taxi or bus back if you don't want to walk.
St Giles, Bedford Avenue, WC1B
InTheMoney Profile PhotoInTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Question#3
Posted: 8/28/04 at 2:48pm
When to buy tickets depends on the show you want to see. A lot of tickets are available at the halfprice ticket booths in Leicester Square, in which case you may want to wait til you get to London before getting tickets. However, some shows (eg WOMAN IN WHITE) are not so you will want to book beforehand. My advice would be to check the show's availability and maybe visit a site like WHATSONSTAGE which will have information on which shows are available at TKTS (the official discount booth) at the minute. If the information isn't available through the website itself, the WOS forum will be able to help.
WhatsOnStage
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Question#4
Posted: 8/30/04 at 9:37am
Please check the link below. I've used this service several times over the last couple of years and have been pleased with the service. The nice thing about this particular site is that you don't pay in advance, but pay at the time of check-out.
LondonHotelsReservations
Mollyfair
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Question#5
Posted: 9/2/04 at 3:43pm
kec, I have used London Hotel Reservations before and been well satisfied. I do not like having to pay when booking (what come-back do you have if you are not satisfied with the accommodation etc?) and this is one of the few discount hotel reservation services where you pay at the time of your stay. Also, what they say you are going to pay is what you actually pay so there are no hidden extras.

It's a very well set out site with a map to help you with the location and you can get very good special offers from budget to luxury hotels.