Page: 1

Beautiful and Damned

pacificnorthwest Profile Photopacificnorthwest Profile Photo
pacificnorthwest
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Beautiful and Damned#0
Posted: 4/19/04 at 3:17pm
Haven't heard from anyone yet on my first West End question, so maybe I'll have more luck with this one:

Has anyone heard anything about the Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald musical, Beautiful and Damned, that starts next week? It begins in previews my last night in London and I am going to try to see it. Just wondered if there was any buzz about it. Also - -if anyone knows of a discount code for buying a ticket for it online, that would be great. Thanks.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Beautiful and Damned#1
Posted: 4/23/04 at 7:55pm
Beautiful and Damned, the musical has a website:

www.zeldafitzgerald.com/musical

I am looking forward to seeing this show as Scott Fitzgerald is my favourite author. "The Beautiful and Damned" is actually the title of one of his novels - but the show is apparently about the life of Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald rather than the plot of the novel.

The musical had a tryout earlier this year in Guildford with the always fantastic John Barrowman in the lead. Unfortunately he is currently tied up with Anything Goes, so the role is being played by Michael Praed in the West End run. Hopefully Mr. Praed will be good too.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
pacificnorthwest Profile Photopacificnorthwest Profile Photo
pacificnorthwest
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: Beautiful and Damned#2
Posted: 4/30/04 at 3:10pm
Hi... I just returned from London where I saw the first performance of Beautiful and Damned, Wednesday night. I thought it was marvelous. A few things I'd tweak here and there, but I it was really a full-bodied, well-acted show with great music and dancing. The cast got a standing ovation at the end, which in my limited experience with London theater, relative to Broadway, seemed to be fairly meaningful. I thought both the leads were terrific and I especially liked the understated way of Michael Praed. I'd be interested in hearing what others think of the show. I hope it succeeds and eventually makes its way to Broadway.
SpookyGal
Swing
Swing
re: re: Beautiful and Damned#3
Posted: 7/4/04 at 3:54pm
I saw the show last week and loved every minute of it. The critics have been pretty harsh so that might explain why the theatre was half empty. I hope they'll manage to fill the theatre till mid-August and won't have to close early. People should really give it a chance.

Page: 1