Page: 1


Matinee listings

Theatre Fan3
Stand-by
joined:1/27/15
Stand-by
joined:
1/27/15
Matinee listings#1
Posted: 3/3/19 at 12:33pm

I'll be in London the beginning of April and was wondering if there is a site that lists which shows have matinee's each day.  Trying to avoid bringing up each show individually to check their matinee schedule and was hoping there might be a site that would have a daily listing of what shows had matinee's each day of the week.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Impossible2
Broadway Star
joined:3/31/18
Broadway Star
joined:
3/31/18
Matinee listings#2
Posted: 3/3/19 at 3:14pm

Theatre Fan3 said: "I'll be in London the beginning of April and was wondering if there is a site that lists which shows have matinee's each day. Trying to avoid bringing up each show individually to check their matinee schedule and was hoping there might be a site that would have a daily listing of what shows had matinee's each day of the week. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks."

I don't think so. They are usually Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursdays, but every show is different.

Theatre Fan3
Stand-by
joined:1/27/15
Stand-by
joined:
1/27/15
Matinee listings#3
Posted: 3/3/19 at 5:32pm

Impossible2 said: "I don't think so. They are usually Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursdays, but every show is different."

Thanks, I appreciate your reply.  It doesn't surprise me as I had checked all the sites I could think of that might possibly have daily matinee listings but so far no luck ...  I'm kind of surprised that they don't do this as it would sure simplify things for people who are not looking for a particular show but just what options would be available on a particular day.  I do see where "Fiddler On The Roof" has matinee's on Tuesday, also ... which seems to be a day that there are not many other options.

Impossible2
Broadway Star
joined:3/31/18
Broadway Star
joined:
3/31/18
Matinee listings#4
Posted: 3/4/19 at 6:59pm

Theatre Fan3 said: "Impossible2 said: "I don't think so. They are usually Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursdays, but every show is different."

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. It doesn't surprise me as I had checked all the sites I could think of that might possibly have daily matinee listings but so far no luck ... I'm kind of surprised that they don't do this as it would sure simplify things for people who are not looking for a particular show but just what options would be available on a particular day. I do see where "Fiddler On The Roof" has matinee's on Tuesday, also ... which seems to be a day that there are not many other options.
"

Definitely don't miss Fiddler, it's amazing!

Make sure you get stalls as it looks like the staging goes out into the audience.

Theatre Fan3
Stand-by
joined:1/27/15
Stand-by
joined:
1/27/15
Matinee listings#5
Posted: 3/4/19 at 8:31pm

Impossible2 said: "Definitely don't miss Fiddler, it's amazing!

Make sure you get stalls as it looks like the staging goes out into the audience.
"

Booked "Fiddler" tickets today for the Tuesday, April 2nd matinee.  There are 5 of us in our group so had to split up as there were only limited seats available but did manage to get stalls in row C, H & J.  Really looking forward to seeing it as everyone seems to agree with you ... that it's a definite "MUST SEE"!!  smiley

 

Updated On: 3/4/19 at 08:31 PM
BIG BALONEY Profile PhotoBIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
Featured Actor
joined:6/21/03
Featured Actor
joined:
6/21/03
Matinee listings#6
Posted: 3/4/19 at 9:12pm
Go to theatremonkey.com for info and buy day seats for a fraction of the price.
Alice147
Chorus Member
joined:1/17/19
Chorus Member
joined:
1/17/19
Matinee listings#7
Posted: 3/5/19 at 7:27am

Theatre Fan3 said: "I'll be in London the beginning of April and was wondering if there is a site that lists which shows have matinee's each day. Trying to avoid bringing up each show individually to check their matinee schedule and was hoping there might be a site that would have a daily listing of what shows had matinee's each day of the week. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks."

I don't think there's a website which comprehensively lists every theatre including e.g. National Theatre, Young Vic, but there are some which you can filter for matinee performances of West End shows:

https://seatplan.com/london/ 

 

https://www.londontheatre.co.uk/whats-on/weekday-matinees

https://www.londontheatredirect.com/

Hopefully something like that might be helpful! If a theatre you're interested in isn't listed however, I'd agree with other responses which say weekday matinees are usually on Wednesday or Thursday and weekend matinees are on Saturdays. 

I hope you enjoy your trip! 

Theatre Fan3
Stand-by
joined:1/27/15
Stand-by
joined:
1/27/15
Matinee listings#8
Posted: 3/5/19 at 4:30pm

Alice147 said: "I don't think there's a website which comprehensively lists every theatre including e.g. National Theatre, Young Vic, but there are some which you can filter for matinee performances of West End shows:

https://seatplan.com/london/



https://www.londontheatre.co.uk/whats-on/weekday-matinees

https://www.londontheatredirect.com/

Hopefully something like that might be helpful! If a theatre you're interested in isn't listed however, I'd agree with other responses which say weekday matinees are usually on Wednesday or Thursday and weekend matinees are on Saturdays.

I hope you enjoy your trip!
"

Thanks for your reply.  A couple of those websites were new to me. 

This is our annual "London Theatre Week" trip and always look forward to it.  I believe we saw 10 or 11 shows in a week our last trip in April 2018.

 

Alice147
Chorus Member
joined:1/17/19
Chorus Member
joined:
1/17/19
Matinee listings#9
Posted: 3/6/19 at 5:23am

"Thanks for your reply. A couple of those websites were new to me.

This is our annual "London Theatre Week" trip and always look forward to it. I believe we saw 10 or 11 shows in a week our last trip in April 2018.


"

No problem, hopefully they're a bit helpful. 11 shows, wow! What have you got your eye on for this trip? There's loads of good musicals and plays on at the moment.