Advertisement

Page: 2

Lost Horizon. The Worst Musical Ever! NOW ON DVD!

Owen22
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #26
Posted: 9/5/11 at 7:51pm
...on the list of the things that I will not miss...
twinbelters Profile Phototwinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #27
Posted: 9/6/11 at 3:09pm
I'm watching a crappy VHS dub of Lost Horizon now and the mountain climbing goes on forever.. When is someone going to sing a song?? Looking forward to this bizarre DVD release.

The Boy Friend DVD is such a treasure!
With Irma you gotta do something!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #28
Posted: 9/6/11 at 3:22pm
40 minutes plus is the waiting time for this musical to get musical LOL
BWF Profile PhotoBWF Profile Photo
BWF
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
The Worst Musical Ever! #29
Posted: 9/7/11 at 8:04am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMX81JFm30I

Quesstion Me An Answer! I'll take it...
The great thing with human brains is they're fanless, nice and quiet although I'm sure mine whistles a bit sometimes.
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #30
Posted: 9/30/11 at 9:43am
Lost Horizon can now be ordered at Warner Archive.

Apparently with the Fertility Dance restored...
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #31
Posted: 12/14/19 at 6:19pm

MamasDoin'Fine said: "LOL
I don't think the demand is out there for 'Song Of Norway' on DVD as much as it is/was for 'Lost Horizon'!

"

The blu ray of "Song of Norway" is being released early 2020. 

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #32
Posted: 12/16/19 at 11:26am

Ah for the days when the West End board was alive

lotiloti Profile Photolotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Worst Musical Ever! #33
Posted: 12/18/19 at 5:39am
Updated On: 12/18/19 at 05:39 AM
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #34
Posted: 1/12/20 at 5:34pm

That honor goes Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 1/18/20 at 05:34 PM
MichelleCraig Profile PhotoMichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Worst Musical Ever! #35
Posted: 1/19/20 at 8:02pm

The restored version of the 1937 film, from Columbia Pictures (now Sony), is great on Blu-ray.

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile PhotoChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Worst Musical Ever! #36
Posted: 1/26/20 at 11:01am

I AM SELLING A BRAND NEW, NEVER VIEWED OOP ORIGINAL RELEASE TWILIGHT TIME REGION FREE SINGLE DISC WIDESCREEN BLU RAY OF ROSS HUNTER'S MUSICAL REMAKE OF "LOST HORIZON", FEATURING MUSIC BY OSCAR AND GRAMMY WINNERS BURT BACHARACH AND HAL DAVID AND STARRING OSCAR WINNERS THE LATE PETER FINCH, THE LATE GEORGE KENNEDY AND THE LATE SIR JOHN GIELGUD AND OSCAR NOMINEES SALLY KELLERMAN, LIV ULLMAN AND THE LATE CHARLES BOYER.  THIS OOP BLU RAY IS THE ORIGINAL RELEASE 150 MINUTE RESTORED VERSION OF THE FILM AND ALSO FEATURES AN ISOLATED SCORE TRACK, TRAILERS AND TV SPOTS AND BURT BACHARACH SONG DEMOS.  THIS BLU RAY IS A SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION TWILIGHT TIME EDITION, LIMITED TO 3000, AND HAS BEEN COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.  THIS OOP BLU RAY IS BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN VIEWED, HAS HAD ITS SHRINK WRAP REMOVED AND IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, WITH NO DEFECTS AND HAS BEEN KEPT IN A PET AND SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT.   FOREIGN BUYERS MUST PAY FOR OVERSEAS SHIPPING.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174165065342

Jarethan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #37
Posted: 1/28/20 at 5:53pm

EricMontreal22 said: "Oooh I hope this gets a Region 1 release as well. I haven't seen it since it used to show up on a cheap Canadian movie channel in the early 90s. As a big Bacharach/David fan, I admit I kinda love the soundtrack CD--half of it is genuinely awful btu the other half is actually pretty good, and the awful stuff falls into the so bad it's good category for me. It is kinda too bad that THIS was the only other full musical that they did aside from Promises, Promises (not counting the TV musical On the Flip Side.

From what I remember, it truly is a head scratcher of a musical, but I wouldn't say the worst ever.
"

The Boyfriend was recently TCM, and I recorded it, as I generally enjoyed over-blown Ken Russell movies.  I watched it in three seatings, and still didn't watch it to the end.  Then I remembered that the only reason I actually remembered it fondly was because of Glenda Jackson's intentionally over-the-top cameo as the injured diva.  I never liked the Boy Friend on stage, so it is probably saying something positive to say that what I saw I enjoyed better than the couple of stage productions I have seen.

Asfor Lost Horizon, it was one of the few movies that I remember walking out of less than half-way through; it was stultifyingly boring.

Updated On: 1/28/20 at 05:53 PM
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Worst Musical Ever! #38
Posted: 2/16/20 at 10:52pm
A bit of trivia here. The set for Lost Horizon was the old WB Camelot set
Poster Emeritus