Page: 1

Piers Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber...

Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Piers Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber...#1
Posted: 4/9/11 at 5:31pm
Did we learn anyhting new about him?

Did we gain any insight into his upbringing that inspired him to write for musical theatre?

Did Tim Rice make a contribution to increase our understanding of the young Andrew?

The answer to all of the above is No!

What was the point of this bland and predictable programme. It had the same old Saturday night TV faces wheeled out Arlene Phillips, Michael Ball, Graham Norton, a brief moment by Bill Kenwright.

In the hands of an expert interviewer this could have been a very revealing and insightful documentary/inteview. Sadly it was the egotistical Piers Morgan!!
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Piers Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber...#2
Posted: 4/9/11 at 6:18pm
I didn't really want to hear the same old stuff about how difficult living with a genius is, and I certainly didn't want most of the pointlessness in the programme, like ALW showing us how he makes tortilla...

I wanted to see and hear more about his ACTUAL career.

Why is Db his favourite key? For example...lol.
Princeton Returns Profile PhotoPrinceton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Piers Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber...#2
Posted: 4/10/11 at 3:53am
I thought it was ok, entertaining enough and for newer/younger fans (or those with a general interest in theatre) would find it interesting. I couldnt believe how gorgeous his daughter is.

It was worth watching for Andrews wife comment on Sarah Brightman, brilliant!
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Piers Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber...#3
Posted: 4/10/11 at 6:33am
That was TV Gold! xD

And yes, all of his children are (perhaps surprisingly) very good looking!
Ria2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Piers Meets Andrew Lloyd Webber...#4
Posted: 4/10/11 at 9:40am
"What was the point of this bland and predictable programme. It had the same old Saturday night TV faces wheeled out Arlene Phillips, Michael Ball, Graham Norton"

You forgot John Barrowman too. In fairness to them though, they were not really given the chance to say much of interst. On face value I enjoyed the programme, but was dissapointed that we didn't see/hear more about ALW's career. Loved his wife's comments too.