Page: 1

The Best Of Times

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Best Of Times#1
Posted: 4/6/11 at 6:52pm
The Tony Award-winning revival of La Cage aux Folles will play its final performance at the Longacre Theatre May 1 at 3 PM.

When it closes, the production will have played 433 performances and 15 previews. A national tour will launch this fall, starting in October in Des Moines, IA.

"We’re sorry to have to announce the final weeks of this exuberant production, which has brought great joy to audiences for the last year, as well as to everyone who has worked on the show, on stage and off,” the producers said in a statement. “But we were thrilled to present Terry Johnson’s brilliant production to great acclaim in New York and now, the rest of the country will discover this wonderful new La Cage on national tour this fall. In the meantime, we will enjoy ‘The Best of Times’ while they last at the Longacre, with the wonderful Harvey Fierstein and Christopher Sieber leading our brilliant Broadway company.”
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Best Of Times#2
Posted: 4/7/11 at 6:12am
Sad news. I hoped Harvey would give the box office a bump
Jonny Westend
Swing
Swing
The Best Of Times#2
Posted: 4/7/11 at 6:22am
I had imagined La Cage was at its "Best of times" currently in New York. I am shocked to hear its closing. What's it current state, have audiences stopped going or was it always planned to just run this long?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Best Of Times#3
Posted: 4/7/11 at 7:27am
Well it only took in 48.9% attendance last week, and with all the new shows opening it just can't compete with them. The same happened with Hair last year, it just dropped right off.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Best Of Times#4
Posted: 4/7/11 at 8:43am
Sad but saw it coming a mile off
The gross has been dropping for weeks now
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna