Page: 1

Anyone see 'Wonderland' on your NY trips?

Sean2 Profile PhotoSean2 Profile Photo
Sean2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Did any of you see 'Wonderland'? I've been inadvertently following it, as it seems to pop up wherever I'm reading about theatre in NY at the moment. When I came across the promo video it was, in my opinion, 'arse-clenchingly embarrassing'.

Just wondering what someone from over here might make of it.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw it a couple of weeks ago. The Book was a bit laboured but I absolutely loved the score.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Sean2 Profile PhotoSean2 Profile Photo
Sean2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Glad you got to see it. I only know a few songs by Wildhorn but I've never been that taken with them. How do you think it will fare compared to his other shows?
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wonderland is quite different in style to shows like J & H and The Scarlet Pimpernel and certainly the Civil War, all three of which I saw on Broadway and loved. In fact I've always loved Wildhorn's music - he writes such soaring melodies - and I think he's been unfairly treated by critics over the years purely because of resentment to his background as a pop composer. I have all of Linda Eder's solo albums, most of which are full of Wildhorn songs, written in various musical styles and all quite stunning IMO. And the score to The Civil War in particular is astonishing.

As for how Wonmderland will fare compared to his other shows, it's impossible to predict without a crystal ball lol.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 4/4/11 at 05:59 PM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's not the best but it is very watchable. The show is pure fluff, but fun fluff at that.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bored me! Couldnt leave at interval cos of the company I was with!