Page: 1

Alan Rickman reprises Sweeney Todd role?

AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alan Rickman reprises Sweeney Todd role?#1
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:40am
Reportedly he is being chased to reprise his film role of Judge Turpin for Chichester's revival.

Katie Rowley-Jones is up for the role of Johanna.
Updated On: 3/24/11 at 11:40 AM
MusicalBoy Profile PhotoMusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Alan Rickman reprises Sweeney Todd role#2
Posted: 3/24/11 at 12:49pm
I wish that that Alan Rickman thing were anything more assured than a rumour, but I think that's what it is at the moment.

Also, Katie Rowley Jones is surely up for Johanna, I'm hoping that the fact that she's being reported for the beggar woman is just a bad mistake.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alan Rickman reprises Sweeney Todd role#2
Posted: 3/24/11 at 7:37pm
I would love if Rickman did the role at Chichetser! He was one of the best things about the film for me (hated it mostly!) however, it was always a shame to me that we never got to see his rendition of The Judges' Johanna - perhaps this little dream of mine will finally happen!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alan Rickman reprises Sweeney Todd role#3
Posted: 3/25/11 at 4:45am
Oh WOW, this would be AMAZING! He was brilliant as The Judge!