Page: 1

Priscilla Broadway Recording

tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Priscilla Broadway Recording#1
Posted: 3/23/11 at 10:36am
Mine arrived arrived this morning.... anyone else heard it and think the same as me???? YAWN!!!!

Its too slow, too compressed and some of the voices don't blend together...

Its nowhere near as good as the original.... they should have done a London recording not this!!!

this is just MY opinion but it'll be interesting to hear what others think....
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#2
Posted: 3/23/11 at 12:14pm
Nowhere near as good a recording as the Aussie production.
Plods along in my opinion.
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#2
Posted: 3/23/11 at 6:47pm
I'm okay with it, but I do prefer the Aussie version. And I'm one of those still pissed off they didn't do a London recording.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#3
Posted: 3/24/11 at 4:23am
I agree it's too slow and plodding and nowehere near as good as the original; also some of the new songs don't seem to fit into the show properly and it loses momentum as a result.

I fear that the show has made too many compromises for America but am still looking forward to seeing it in May, if nothing else for another chance to see the incomparable Tony Sheldon.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#4
Posted: 3/24/11 at 5:46pm
I'm really not keen! Seems like all the energy has been sucked out. Something's just not right with it that I can't put my finger on.

Unlike the other dragtastic CD I got from the new Broadway recording of La Cage, it is FABULOUS!
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#5
Posted: 3/25/11 at 7:17pm
It's way too slow; I think that's a real problem. I hope they address that in the show itself.

Also it would have been great to have featured some of the dialogue to give this recording something extra.
Updated On: 3/25/11 at 07:17 PM
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#6
Posted: 3/25/11 at 8:22pm
I still cannot believe they cut Downtown. How will they live up to such an amazing opening with a song like It's Raining Men?! It's just not got the same vibrant fun-feel that Downtown does. Saying that, Priscilla's Downton is a lot more lively, have they altered Men too? I am very intrigued to hear Will and of course Tony Sheldon, but I always knew they'd have a hard time living up to the Aussie recording, and by the sound of it, they did!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#7
Posted: 3/26/11 at 1:53am
Saw the London production on Thursday with some of the new changes and new cast but not all of the Broadway stuff is in London.
The changes are subtle but the ending is just awful- it just ends suddenly and straight into the finale.
Very strange?
Seeing it on Broadway Monday night and now I'm a little apprehensive about what they have done over in New york.
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Priscilla Broadway Recording#8
Posted: 3/26/11 at 5:23am
Glad to hear not all of the Broadway stuff has come to London. At least there was no need for Madonna here!

Still very sad that they ditched Both Sides Now for Boradway - I loved that song.

Can't wait to hear what you think Mama.